NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Express and the NBA will take basketball fans behind-the-scenes of NBA All-Star 2014 with its “Off the Court” digital destination, which connects fans to some of their favorite players through shared personal passions and interests, including basketball, fashion, travel and music.
American Express and the NBA will once again take basketball fans inside NBA All-Star Media Day and present the first-ever American Express “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable giving them unprecedented digital and live stream access to players they love. These live streams will allow fans to submit their own questions to players via Twitter. Fans can also chat with each other online, reacting to player’s comments and join in on the excitement.
Fans can tune into the live stream of the American Express “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable by visiting nba.com/offthecourt on February 13, beginning at 6:30pm EST. Hosted by NBA legend Rick Fox, the live stream will feature rookie rising stars discussing their start in the NBA and their first NBA All-Star experience, including Michael Carter-Williams (Philadelphia 76ers), Trey Burke (Utah Jazz), Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic), and Kelly Olynyk (Boston Celtics).
Additionally, the NBA All-Star Media Day live stream can be viewed on “Off the Court” at nba.com/offthecourt on February 14, beginning at 1:30pm EST. This is the second year, the global live stream courtesy of American Express will allow fans to watch four Eastern Conference All-Stars and four Western Conference All-Stars respond to media questions live.
American Express is offering new ways for fans to experience the action of NBA All-Star 2014 by releasing NBA All-Star Mini Movies presented by American Express throughout the weekend. This is exclusive footage of the players as they experience NBA All-Star weekend from the locker rooms to practices, the marquee events and around New Orleans.
Offering a suite of exclusive digital and social media experiences, American Express will provide basketball fans from around the world several innovative ways to connect to NBA All-Star 2014 at nba.com/offthecourt, including:
- Tweet Your All-Star Experience: In the days leading up to American Express “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable and NBA All-Star Media Day, fans can submit their questions via Twitter using #AmexNBA for an opportunity to hear their favorite NBA All-Star provide answers live through “Off the Court” coverage.
- Chat Live: Fans can chat along with both live streams in real-time, reacting to player’s comments and joining the excitement leading into the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday using #AmexNBA.
- Choose Your Cam: The audience can control their viewing experience throughout NBA All-Star Media Day by switching between four cameras, each featuring a different player taking questions live.
- Go Behind-the-Scenes: Watch NBA All-Star Mini Movies presented by American Express, this four-part video series includes exclusive footage of players experiencing All-Star Weekend, the All-Star East-West Practice and at the marquee events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Additionally, photos from inside NBA All-Star Media Day and American Express “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable will be available on NBA Instagram viewable at nba.com/offthecourt.
- On-Demand Content: Relive NBA All-Star Media Day and American Express “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable for the duration of NBA All-Star by visiting nba.com/offthecourt. The videos will be available until the end of the season.
NBA.com is part of the NBA Digital portfolio, also including NBA TV, NBA Mobile and NBA League Pass, which is jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports.
As the Official Credit Card of the NBA, WNBA, and NBA D-League, American Express will continue to provide Card Members with exclusive experiences and access to regular-season and playoff games, along with premier events such as NBA All-Star and the NBA Draft presented by State Farm. Card Members will also be able to participate in NBA-themed hospitality events, behind-the-scenes access, exclusive offers through team partnerships, and opportunities to meet NBA players and legends.
TUNE IN TO THE AMERICAN EXPRESS OFF THE COURT ROOKIE ROUNDTABLE
AT NBA.COM/OFFTHECOURT ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13
6:30 PM EST
TUNE IN TO THE AMERICAN EXPRESS LIVE STREAM OF NBA ALL-STAR MEDIA DAY
AT NBA.COM/OFFTHECOURT ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14
WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS: 1:30 PM– 2:15 PM EST
EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS: 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM EST
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
About NBA All-Star 2014
NBA All-Star 2014 in New Orleans will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league’s history for a global celebration of the game. The 63rd NBA All-Star Game, which will take place on Sunday, Feb. 16 at Smoothie King Center, will reach fans in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages. TNT will televise the All-Star Game for the 12th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 30th year of All-Star coverage. Other events at NBA All-Star 2014 will include State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, NBA Development League All-Star Game, Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, and NBA All-Star Jam Session.