SOCHI, Russia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), a Worldwide Olympic Partner, officially welcomed moms and families of Olympians to the P&G Family Home to kick off the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. In the P&G Family Home, brands including Pantene®, Gillette®, Bounty® and Olay® will serve families of Olympians from all over the world, every day of the Games.
The P&G Family Home is the heart of the company’s Thank You Mom program for Sochi 2014, in which P&G brands honor the role moms play in helping their kids achieve their dreams. Tide® athlete, Nick Goepper (USA), Pampers® athlete, Oksana Domnina (Russia) and Rosi Mittermaier, double Olympic gold medalist and mother of Gillette athlete, Felix Neureuther (Germany), attended the opening of the Family Home. Here, Opening Ceremony tickets were presented to moms of athletes partnering with P&G brands in countries around the world.
“Our brands are in the business of serving all moms on their journey through life with their kids,” said Phil Duncan, P&G Global Design Officer, who helped welcome moms and families of Olympians at the opening of the Family Home. “So when a P&G brand sponsors an athlete, we celebrate the mom who helped get them here.”
P&G brands are providing moms and families of Olympians in Sochi with more than 1,200 hours of everyday services that make an extraordinary difference when families are far from home.
For instance, P&G’s beauty brands are offering the opportunity for pampering in the P&G Salon through:
- Hair washing and styling services at the Pantene Studio
- Treating moms to makeovers and polished manicure services at the COVERGIRL® Studio
- Providing skin care recommendations for moisturizing body and hands at the Olay Studio
- Hair coloring, cutting and styling treatments at the Wella® Studio
P&G male grooming brands are serving men in the Salon with:
- Hot towel shaves and face massages at the Gillette Studio
- Relaxing hair washes and styling services at the Head & Shoulders® Studio
- Male grooming treatments, including the Perfect Trim by Braun®
Additional P&G brands supporting moms and families of Olympians in Sochi include:
- Bounty, Charmin® and Puffs® are providing homecare products in the Family Home
- Pampers is offering a changing station to help families with small children
- Duracell® Powermats are enabling guests to charge their mobile devices while relaxing and watching the Games
- Ariel® will be used to clean 30,000 linens per day, as well as serve moms of sponsored athletes with daily laundry services throughout the duration of the Games
- Fairy® will be used to clean dishes in Olympic Village
- Crest®/Oral-B®/blend-a-med® have teamed up with SOCOG in its provision of the Sochi 2014 dental clinic. The facility provides dental screenings, routine dental work, emergency care and oral care products for athletes and coaches in Sochi.
Team USA athlete, Nick Goepper, was among the first to experience the services provided at the P&G Family Home. “I’m proud to be part of the P&G family of athletes. Not just because my mom and I use P&G brands like Tide, but also because of how they have supported my mom and me throughout my journey to the Olympic Games.. Knowing my mom will be taken care of here at the P&G Family Home gives me a little extra peace of mind so I can concentrate on what I came here to do.”
“The Family Home really feels like a home and I’m looking forward to connecting with other families of Olympians from around the world,” said Rosi Mittermaier, Double Olympic Gold Medalist. “It is a wonderful thing that Gillette and the other P&G brands are doing for families.”
“Serving moms and families is just what P&G brands do,” said Lada Kudrova, P&G Marketing Director, who also took part in the opening of the Family Home. “That’s why the P&G Family Home is our single activation at the Games. On the eve of Opening Ceremony, we’re honored to serve moms and families of Olympians in Sochi tonight and throughout the Games.”
P&G’s Thank You Mom campaign kicked off in October with the release of Raising an Olympian, a film series showcasing the journey of 28 world-class athletes, as seen through the eyes of their moms. The videos have collectively garnered over 26 million views since the launch and can be viewed at: P&G Raising an Olympian. P&G then debuted its online film and commercial advertisement, “Pick Them Back Up.” A sequel to London’s “Best Job,” “Pick Them Back Up” celebrates how moms everywhere are there to pick their kids back up and encourage them to try again. The TV spot, which has earned over 28 million digital views, can be viewed in full here: “Pick Them Back Up.”
The campaign also comes to life through a variety of media channels and in-store where two million retailers are featuring Olympic Winter Games-themed P&G products, branded end caps and displays.
For a full list of assets and information related to the P&G Thank You Mom campaign, including photos and video, visit www.image.net/pgolympicgames
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Ace®, Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Duracell®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Fusion®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Iams®, Lenor®, Mach3®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Prestobarba®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.