NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. (www.orionlaw.com), a leading provider of financial and practice management software for law firms, announces iOrion Version 2.0, an enhanced and fully integrated iOS-ready mobile app, and also releases new features including the Expense Reimbursement Manager, and the Orion Productivity Pack for Microsoft Office at LegalTech New York.
iOrion Version 2.0 is a complete financial and practice management mobile application that allows legal professionals to access data from Orion using any recent-model iOS device.
iOrion Version 2.0 Features Include:
- Lawyers can manage their contacts, cases, tasks/appointments, case journals, etc.
- Keep track of billable time and expenses, and stay on top of the firm’s bottom line while away from their desk with tools such as the Payment Calendar and Matter Status
- Version 2.0 has expanded the application’s capabilities by providing integration with Orion’s newest features, including the Expense Reimbursement Manager
The release of the new Expense Reimbursement Manager eliminates paper-based, manual tracking systems making submitting and managing reimbursement requests quick and easy. Expense Reimbursement Manager’s user-friendly interface includes email alerts, the option to attach scanned or electronic receipts, and several other features that help streamline workflow.
The email alert capability within Expense Reimbursement Manager keeps users up-to-date by sending an “alert”, when a request has been denied, needs more information in order to be processed or has been simply approved for payment. A firm can tailor these alerts using Orion’s Email Template Generator® to make sure all parties get the necessary information for the fastest reimbursement.
The Expense Reimbursement Manager allows attorneys or their legal assistants to conveniently attach receipts to each request. The attached receipts can also be printed alongside the Client’s invoice if necessary.
Orion’s Expense Reimbursement Manager Features Include:
- Report expenses quickly and easily with the user-friendly interface
- Shorten the time between submittal and when reimbursement checks are printed
- Business development expenses automatically post to the appropriate general ledger account
- Administrators can define the reimbursement types, limiting what attorneys and staff can use
- Customizable email templates for alerting attorneys and legal staff upon change in reimbursement status
- Attach digital receipts for immediate processing
- As expenses are approved, A/P Vouchers are automatically generated for payment processing
- Integration with iOrion Version 2.0 to track and record expenses directly from mobile device
Orion Productivity Pack is also a new feature to Orion software which improves the continuity between entering time inside the traditional Orion desktop and outside by using Microsoft Office Applications.
Orion Productivity Pack Features Include:
- Integrated “Smart Timers” capture and record time from within the Microsoft Office Applications, such as Word or Outlook, and can also relate the time to the corresponding Client/Matter
- Appointments and Tasks can be created and linked to a corresponding Client/Matter (outside of Orion) by using Microsoft Outlook when coupled with Orion’s Exchange Sync Module
Orion’s President, Paul Yelton, said, “We are thrilled to announce iOrion Version 2.0, as well as release the Expense Reimbursement Manager, and the Orion Productivity Pack. It is important to continue to provide full integration remotely, especially with our newest features. Expense Reimbursement Manager, an Orion add-on that updates the expensing procedure for attorneys, legal assistants and accountants, addresses the importance of being able to eliminate paper-based reimbursement requests, which in turn, minimizes a firm’s likelihood of errors and speeds up the process. Also with the Orion Productivity Pack attorneys and their legal staff can seamlessly enter time while working outside of Orion’s desktop. It is always our priority to provide law firms with streamlined access to information in ways that will benefit their individualized needs as well as cohesively connect with their firm’s workflow.”
About Orion Law Management Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1985, Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is dedicated to providing law firms with proven law practice management software. Utilizing a complete practice management approach, Orion is a fully integrated law management system employing the very latest in reliable technology. Orion centralizes your Financial Management, Firm Management and Practice Management delivering the competitive advantage that law firms need to succeed. Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta. For information visit www.orionlaw.com, call 1.800.305.5867, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @Orion_Law.