ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell Software today announced the latest release of its flagship Dell KACE K2000 Deployment Appliance to further automate, accelerate and simplify OS and application migrations while dramatically reducing the complexity of large-scale system deployments. The new Dell KACE K2000 v3.6 features advanced multicasting capabilities and a new task engine that makes it much easier and faster to capture and deploy system images across a range of tablets, laptops, desktops and servers.
Growing device diversity across distributed IT environments has added yet another layer of complexity to the task of deploying and managing multiple systems. To ensure the highest levels of security and user productivity, organizations must ensure that all systems are configured, updated and patched with the latest applications and operating systems. For many companies still scrambling to move off Microsoft Windows XP before the April end-of-support deadline, there’s an increased sense of urgency to ease the management of systems imaging.
With the new Dell KACE K2000 v3.6, organizations can clear major migration roadblocks while shifting system deployments into high gear with advanced capabilities that accelerate migrations and optimize system lifecycle management. Unlike software-only solutions that can be complicated to set up and manage, Dell KACE integrates critical systems deployment functionality into an easy-to-deploy physical or virtual appliance that produces fast time to value.
“Dell KACE continues to add new functionality to its award-winning systems management appliances to elevate IT efficiency, endpoint security and workforce productivity,” says David Kloba, general manager of Endpoint Systems Management for Dell Software. “With the latest release of our Dell KACE K2000 Deployment Appliance, we offer a smarter approach to systems imaging that will help customers successfully move off Windows XP and be better prepared to handle large-scale deployments across multiple devices and operating systems.”
Adding Intelligence and Automation for Smarter Systems Imaging
With the new Dell KACE K2000 v3.6 appliance, customers can more readily create core images and then layer on top the unique drivers, updates, applications, configurations and user settings that turn a basic systems image into a viable user experience. Systems deployment enhancements include:
- Multicasting enables customers to deploy images on up to 250 multiple systems simultaneously, accelerating deployments by at least 40 percent.1 Additionally, bandwidth consumption is reduced significantly because the same image data is transferred to multiple clients only once over the network. Integration of multicasting with the new task engine provides greater automation while providing administrators with real-time feedback during multicast sessions.
- Task Engine automates and controls complex deployment tasks, including multiple reboots. Tight integration with multicasting improves migration and deployment reliability and efficiency. By automating scheduling and sequencing, the new task engine enables true “lights-off” operation, which lets IT administrators run deployments after hours to reduce administrative overhead and minimize user disruptions.
- Dell KACE K2000 is available now for a list price of $4,500, which includes 100 managed nodes and supports the latest operating systems for Microsoft Windows tablets, laptops, desktops and servers as well as Apple laptops and desktops.
- Existing K2000 customers can upgrade to the latest version at no additional cost. K2000 is sold direct by Dell and through Dell channel partners.
Ron Falkoff, system analyst, Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country
“We expect the Dell KACE K2000’s new multicasting feature to push everything we do with re-imaging into overdrive, which we predict will shave about 25 percent off the time it will take to re-image about 450 new and 900 existing tablets and laptops. Moreover, we’re getting great results with the task engine. We used it to find and fix errors in an install process, which will increase performance on that particular install by at least 10 percent going forward. We look forward to using this latest tool in our KACE Swiss Army knife to streamline a recent Microsoft Windows 8.1 pilot.”
Jon Scott, desktop administrator, Salem Health
“The Dell KACE K2000 plays an important role in our best practices approach to migrating off Windows XP. We’re using the Dell KACE K1000 to catalog all our software and then will rely on Dell’s ChangeBASE solution to automate application remediation before using the K2000 for systems deployment. In particular, the new multicasting feature will expedite a move to Windows 7 over the next month by migrating 1,500 critical kiosks that physicians and medical staff use to access electronic medical records. We’re equally excited about taking advantage of the task engine’s ‘lights-off’ operation to work around our 24/7 hospital environment.”
Robert Young, research manager, Client Device and IT Services
Management Software, IDC
“In today’s complex IT environments, IT administrators increasingly are seeking system imaging solutions that stretch far beyond the traditional creation and utilization of static PC images. Imaging solutions that offer advanced capabilities for centralizing and layering image files, enabling process workflows, automating task sequencing and streamlining the deployment of images to a wide range of device types across distributed environments can greatly enhance the IT organization’s ability to deliver up-to-date images while also minimizing unnecessary business user downtime.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
1 Based on the K2 benchmark test performed by Dell Labs in December 2013 comparing Multicast to Unicast deployments.