DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SpotXchange, the trusted platform for video advertising, today announced milestones and financial results for 2013. Most notably, the company reported programmatic revenue accounted for 46 percent of overall revenue, and reached an all-time high in December 2013, accounting for 57 percent of revenue that month, four times higher than programmatic revenue in December 2012.
The success of SpotXchange’s video advertising platform has led to growth on all sides of the business as demand for the company’s technology, services and ad serving capabilities increases. Comparing year-over-year growth, SpotXchange saw revenue grow by 70 percent in Q4, and 184 percent in December. The company’s headcount also spiked, up from 74 employees to 122 employees by the end of 2013.
In addition to strong revenue growth, SpotXchange has provided guidance on record-breaking numbers across its global video advertising marketplace and platform for premium publishers:
- Mobile represented the fastest growing segment in the business, having served roughly 1 billion mobile video impression opportunities to programmatic buyers worldwide in Q4.
- Video ad bid requests jumped from 1 million/minute in December 2012 to 3.5 million/minute in December 2013.
- Video ad views in the U.S. went from 500 million in January 2013 to 2.5 billion in November 2013 (comScore).
- Reach in the U.S. went from 50 million visitors in January 2013 to 130 million visitors in November 2013 (comScore).
- Global reach went from 86 million visitors in January 2013 to 291 million visitors in December 2013 (Quantcast).
- Daily global uniques increased to over 20 million/day in December 2013 vs. 5 million/day in December 2012.
- Video ad auctions jumped to 500 million/day (peaking at 1 billion/day) in December 2013 vs. 150 million/day in December 2012.
“SpotXchange is looking forward to an explosive 2014 as we cement our position as the industry’s most comprehensive video advertising platform, including superior ad serving capabilities and the best control and transparency available,” said Mike Shehan, CEO of SpotXchange. “Our partners consistently report that SpotXchange is a top source for programmatic video advertising inventory and we’re proud that our publisher customers are seeing significant jumps in revenue from using our technology. We’re excited to continue this momentum by providing increased liquidity and efficiency for both sides of the ecosystem.”
SpotXchange is the trusted video advertising platform for premium publishers, connecting them with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, DSPs and ad networks to ensure they achieve maximum revenue for their inventory. SpotXchange shows premium publishers and more than 1,000 world class advertisers that there is a better way to buy and sell digital video – with trusted solutions that guarantee total transparency, brand safety and real-time control in an open market or directly executed through the SpotXchange platform. Headquartered north of Denver, SpotXchange has offices in New York, London, and Sydney and is ranked 4th on comScore for video ads served, reaching over 260 million unique visitors in more than 80 countries each month. For more information, please visit www.spotxchange.com and follow SpotXchange on Twitter @SpotXchange.