SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arrayent (www.arrayent.com), a leader in virtualization technology for the Internet of Things, today announced a lineup for new connectivity solutions to be showcased at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show as part of its IOT Platform for Connected Products and Systems.
On the heels of its $11.9 million Series B Funding Round led by DCM Ventures and Intel Capital last month, Arrayent is announcing several new products at this year’s CES that are designed to enable manufacturers of consumer products, retailers and service providers to strengthen their relationships with consumers.
“Looking back at 2013, we saw industry leading consumer product manufacturers, retailers and service providers all jockeying to capture share of the growing connected consumer products market,” said Shane Dyer, founder and CEO of Arrayent. “At this year’s Consumer Electronics Show several major brands will be demonstrating in Arrayent's booth an extensive lineup of new products all powered by Arrayent technology. In addition, we'll be demonstrating advances to our Connect Platform that will accelerate their time to market."
Arrayent is taking a unique and differentiated approach to the Internet of Things. Its device-virtualization technology minimizes the hardware and software complexity associated with adding Internet connectivity to consumer products. Device-virtualization places most of the compute power and software in the cloud, rather than in the device itself. By shifting complexity and functionality into the cloud, Arrayent customers reduce the cost of connected devices such as smoke detectors and thermostats while making them more reliable and much easier for consumers to install and use.
Among the highlights this year, Arrayent will be demonstrating a new low cost multi-protocol manufacture-ready design that supports ZigBee HA1.2, Z-Wave and Arrayent's 900/868MHz protocol. Arrayent will also unveil its Mobile Framework, a new extension to the Arrayent Connect Platform. The framework accelerates mobile application development for partners building compelling, best-in-class user experiences on iOS and Android. Arrayent used the framework to develop a 'smart home' mobile application that lets a user remotely monitor and control connected devices such as lights, smart plugs, thermostats and sensors.
New Solutions for Marquee customers
Arrayent’s broad ecosystem of customers, including Whirlpool®, Pentair and Chamberlain, will also be showcasing several new products at this year’s CES, all of which are powered by the Arrayent Cloud Connect Platform and will be demonstrated during the show at the Arrayent booth (# 21124):
- Chamberlain/LiftMaster – MyQ Garage is a universal Internet connected garage door opener retrofit kit, supporting any garage door opener brands. The accompanying Chamberlain MyQ Garage smartphone app enables consumers to control and monitor their garage doors from anywhere in the world, at any time. MyQ Garage was recently introduced to the Apple Store and other leading retailer channels.
- First Alert - SmartBridge™ Smoke Detector – is at the heart of First Alert's new DIY home security system. Homeowners can monitor their home at any time, from any place. The system is modular so that consumers can add to their system easily and affordably over time.
- Pentair Water - Virtual Water Assistant battery backup sump pump - combines a powerful battery backup sump pump with Internet-connected technology that allows homeowners to monitor and test their backup system from anywhere in the world.
- Salus Controls - IT 500 Internet connected thermostat – Launched by leading heating controls specialist, SALUS’ iT500 enables European consumers to control their home heating and hot water from anywhere via their smartphone or PC.
- Whirlpool® Smart Appliances with 6th Sense Live™ Technology – allows consumers to know everything is running smoothly at home, including sending alerts on the appliance status and notification of progress during their daily functions (i.e. load complete).
About Arrayent, Inc.
Arrayent, Inc. empowers consumer brands to deliver superior, affordable and smart-connected products that make life safer, easier – better. Trusted by leading companies across the globe, Arrayent’s unique device-virtualization technology is propelling the Internet of Things by enabling product and service brand owners to cost-effectively add Internet connectivity to enhance their offerings and cultivates stronger relationships with their customers.
The strength of Arrayent’s technology is best demonstrated through the success of its customers’ products. Case studies from companies such as Chamberlain, Mattel, LiftMaster, Monster and Whirlpool® are available at www.arrayent.com/case-studies.