LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Polish telecommunications infrastructure operator Grupa Technitel, has signed a multi-year contract for Ka-band satellite services with Avanti Communications.
Technitel Group’s extensive telecommunications portfolio includes fibre, copper and satellite connectivity products which it provides to other carriers, government, enterprises and consumers. Avanti services will initially be deployed to meet the demand in the enterprise sector, via Infratel (part of Technitel Group) which has contracts with a number of the largest utility companies in Poland.
Rafal Rodziewicz, Board President said;
“Our decision to partner with Avanti was based on the fact that their flexibility for fulfilment of client demands is outstanding and they are able to configure and prepare services for demanding clients such as electric and utility companies.”
Matthew O’Connor, Avanti’s Chief Operating Officer, commented;
“Companies operating in the utility sector demand the highest service up time. We are pleased that such a renowned supplier as Technitel recognised the quality of Avanti’s service in their selection process. Our partnership will not only deliver outstanding service to the utilities sector but will enable the flexibility to deliver bespoke services across multiple enterprise sectors. ”
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies that use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched in Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2 2012. It extends Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- 83% of Avanti’s fleet capacity addresses the high growth telecommunications markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.