DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ad:tech New York 2013, the largest digital marketing event of the year, held November 6-7 at Javits Center, today announced the finalists for its Startup Spotlight Series, a competition that acknowledges and rewards the most disruptive and innovative new companies in today’s digital marketing world.
The Call for Startups launched in August and received over 80 submissions, but only eight were chosen as finalists. Partnering with MasterCard and Tourneau as brand judges, ad:tech New York sought to find the most inventive new companies in the industry.
MasterCard Startup Spotlight Series Finalists:
- Eventable: Eventable is a marketing channel that connects brands and customers through calendars, helping brands stay top-of-mind by integrating promoted events into customers' daily schedules.
- Jana: Jana is the world’s largest rewards platform. With integrations into the billing systems of 237 mobile operators, Jana can instantly reward 3.48 billion emerging market consumers in 70 local currencies with prepaid airtime.
- Plink: Plink is an online-to-offline rewards program that motivates members to make offline purchases.
- Sensegon Technologies: Sensegon specializes in persona-based targeting of social media advertising campaigns.
Tourneau Startup Spotlight Series Finalists:
- Buzztala: Buzztala is a scalable, safe and efficient platform for brands and retailers that gives them a way to allow their best customers and biggest fans a fast and frictionless way to create video content with brand context.
- Curalate: Curalate is leading the pack in developing a new breed of marketing tools for the visual web, starting with Pinterest and Instagram.
- OneSpot: OneSpot marries content marketing with the power, data intelligence and infrastructure of online advertising.
- Shillster: Shillster is a social marketing platform that enables businesses to create and distribute their marketing message via their customers.
“I’m excited that ad:tech is able to bring budding startups together with such large brands like MasterCard and Tourneau,” said Aquia Francisco, content manager at ad:tech. “While thrilled that we can present the ad:tech Innovation Award to our winners, we’re also looking forward to providing them the resources to generate new business as well as $25,000 worth of digital advertising from Adweek, the Official Startup Spotlight Series Award Sponsor.”
With a new location in the Expo Hall on the Spotlight Stage, the finalists will pitch their solutions in front of a live audience at ad:tech New York. Finalists also receive free exhibit space in Innovation Alley as well as coaching throughout the competition from ad:tech New York partner Evol8tion, who specializes in connecting startups with brands. At the conclusion of the pitches, two finalists will be crowned and awarded with the ad:tech Innovation Award.
- For more information on ad:tech, visit: http://bit.ly/LMtywG
- To register for ad:tech New York 2013, visit: http://bit.ly/1aSCHQ2
- For more information on the expo floor features, visit: http://bit.ly/17cYBKH
- For more information on the Startup Spotlight competition, visit: http://bit.ly/19GpqKy
- Follow @adtech on Twitter and join the conversation using #adtechNY
ad:tech is an interactive advertising and technology conference and exhibition that covers the entire digital marketing ecosystem. Worldwide events – 10 shows in six countries annually – blend keynote speakers, topic-driven panels and workshops to provide industry professionals with the tools and techniques they need to compete in a changing world. For more information, visit www.ad-tech.com.
ad:tech is owned by dmg events, which was founded in 1989 and now organizes over 80 events in 25 countries each year. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., it is currently active in North America, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia, employing more than 300 staff. dmg events is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc, one of the largest media companies in the United Kingdom. For more information on dmg events, visit www.dmgevents.com.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), http://www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Pioneers Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Tourneau - has over 100 years of expertise in the luxury watch retail business, ever evolving to provide the best luxury watch buying experience with the most extensive selection of timepieces presenting over 8,000 styles representing nearly 100 brands, as well as the widest selection of Certified Pre-Owned watches.
The company currently holds an unrivaled presence in the market with over 30 stores and the largest manufacturer authorized service operation in the United States. Passionate followers of the watch industry can find the latest industry news and engaging content by following the Company on a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr.