SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TigerText, the leader in secure, real-time messaging for the enterprise, today introduced its next-generation messaging solution to safeguard communications, improve employee productivity, and minimize the risks and liabilities created by employees using text messaging for business purposes. The new version of TigerText now allows anyone to join TigerText for free, add their business and start securely texting from their personal mobile device or from the web.
With heightened awareness about the real security risks facing companies – hacking, data breaches, and employees sending sensitive corporate information via their personal mobile devices, TigerText has also enhanced its app to support businesses in a BYOD environment. New capabilities include added encryption and compliance as well as a multi-directory data hierarchy within the app that provides users the ability to add their company, organization, and/or employees to TigerText alongside their personal contacts. Employees can easily add colleagues to their private network or communicate securely to individuals outside their company.
Users also have full access to the TigerText cross-platform app, which synchronizes across mobile phones, tablets, and the desktop for peer-to-peer or group encrypted text messaging. Additional user benefits include:
- Secure Multi Media File Sending: Users can securely message photos, video, recorded voice memos and large file attachments (PDFs, Word or Excel) up to 10MB.
- Delivery and Read Confirmations: Users can see when a message has been delivered and read as well as enable a “delete on read” feature.
- Message Recall: Users can recall sent messages from their device and the recipient’s device, before or after being read, or automatically after a designated period of time.
Enterprise administrators have access to an expanded administration tool-kit to enforce a variety of controls. Admin controls include:
- BYOD-Ready: To set up or join a network on TigerText, it does not matter whether a user has an enterprise-issued or personal device.
- Separate Business and Personal Text Conversations: Users can create multiple organizations within the TigerText App to keep business contacts separate from personal contacts.
- Simple Deployment: Easy, one-step deployment to quickly get your entire company started on TigerText.
- Retain Control of Enterprise Data: TigerText’s policy data management allows businesses to own and archive the data contained in designated organizations, while giving individuals full ownership over data contained in their personal messages.
- Track Employee Productivity: Enterprises can track deliverability (through “read” and “delivered” statuses) and response times to all messages across its messaging network.
- Active Directory / LDAP Sync: Administrators can provision and authenticate their enterprise users.
- Enforce Message Lifespan: Enterprises can set message lifespans for conversations that take place within the organization.
- Enforce PIN Lock: Users have the option of adding an extra layer of security by requiring the entry of a PIN passcode before accessing messages on TigerText.
- User Control: Administrators can remote wipe and/or de-provision users from their network should an employee lose his/her device or leave the enterprise.
“The rise of over-the-top (‘OTT’) messaging supplanting SMS amongst consumers is widely recognized,” said Brad Brooks, TigerText Co-Founder and CEO. “We now see enterprises looking for an OTT messaging solution as they are realizing it provides a quicker, more efficient and safer way to communicate. With TigerText’s next-generation solution, they get the benefits of this ROI without sacrificing the corporate controls they require.”
In the past eight weeks since its soft launch, the next generation of TigerText has seen more than 10,000 businesses sign up for the new freemium version, showing a growing demand for private and secure messaging. This number adds to the more than 3 million consumers who have already downloaded the TigerText app and are benefiting from its patent-pending secure and ephemeral messaging platform.
Pricing and Availability
TigerText is available for download for free on Apple and Android devices. The newest version is based on a "freemium" model with premium functionality, which enables enterprises to configure and control messaging for all staff, available for a per user monthly fee. Users can sign up via the app or at www.tigertext.com.
TigerText is the leader in secure, real-time messaging for the enterprise. TigerText’s encrypted messaging platform keeps communications safe, improves workflow and complies with industry regulations. Developed to address the security needs, BYOD policies, and message restrictions in the enterprise, TigerText is committed to keeping mobile communications secure, private and impermanent. More than 2,000 facilities have adopted TigerText, including leading organizations like Adventist Health, the University of Kentucky HealthCare, and Scottsdale Health Partners, which rely on TigerText to replace unsecured SMS text messaging that leaves confidential information at risk. For more information visit http://www.tigertext.com, http://www.facebook.com/tigertext or http://www.twitter.com/tigertext.