SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN):
1) High performance—3x faster processor, 4x faster GPU, 2x the memory. #firehdx
2) 8.9” HDX display: 339 ppi, 4 million pixels, 100% sRGB color accuracy, dynamic image contrast. #firehdx
3) 8.9” Kindle Fire HDX weighs in at 13.2 ounces—34% lighter than last year. #firehdx
4) All-day battery life—up to 11 hours of mixed use and 17 hours of reading time. #firehdx
5) The Mayday button revolutionizes tech support. Free and 24x7x365. Preview the TV spots: www.amazon.com/maydaytv. #firehdx
6) Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—hundreds of platform updates and exclusive new features. Read more: www.amazon.com/fireos. #firehdx
7) X-Ray for Music—synchronized lyrics—follow along line-by-line. #firehdx
8) X-Ray for Movies and TV—now see song titles as they play in-scene, plus trivia, goofs, and character backstories. Powered by IMDb. #firehdx
9) Origami covers in seven colors fold for both landscape and portrait viewing. Watch a video: www.amazon.com/origami. #firehdx
10) From sleep to pic in one motion with new custom slide feature on Origami cover for HDX 8.9”: www.amazon.com/quickpic. #firehdx
11) Prime Instant Videos—you can still stream them—but now you can also download for offline viewing. #firehdx
12) Second Screen—fling movies and TV to your big screen at home and follow along with scene-by-scene X-Ray on your Fire. #firehdx
13) Cloud Collections—sync your app, book, newspaper and magazine collections across all of your devices. #firehdx
14) 1 million pixels for a breakthrough price—the new $139 Kindle Fire HD. #firehd
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Kindle Paperwhite is the world’s best-selling and most advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, and www.amazon.com.mx. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.