LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Eccentex Corporation, a provider of platform-as-a-service (PaaS) applications for Dynamic Case Management (DCM), today announced results of a survey that consisted of over 200 respondents and found that modern workers do not have the necessary tools in place to do their jobs.
Survey results, which include responses from knowledge workers, executives, IT/technicians and specialists, point to an insatiable appetite for the latest mobile, cloud and PaaS technologies, but a slow adoption of these business critical tools.
For example, modern workers need advanced technologies that support working remotely, and anytime anywhere access to business-critical information. However, although 84 percent of respondents indicated a need to work remotely, 70 percent said they have inadequate tools to do so, and 16 percent said they are not even allowed to bring their own device to work.
The survey pointed to a number of other disconnects in the use of technology to accomplish business critical functions.
- According to the survey, 73 percent of companies are using cloud apps, but only 36 percent feel that cloud-based apps are secure.
- 90 percent of companies surveyed are required to comply with government regulations, but 40 percent of companies are not regularly updating their tools.
- 54 percent believe that the model company embraces working remotely, 11 percent said it’s an inconvenience and only four percent believe it should not be allowed.
“At Eccentex, we are striving to deliver a customizable cloud-based platform that empowers the modern worker,” said Glen Schrank, CEO at Eccentex Corporation. “We want workers to be satisfied with the tools they are using, which enable tasks to be executed quickly, efficiently, and effectively. Modern technology in the workplace not only increases productivity, but keeps companies competitive in their respected industry as well.”
- Infographic – Survey results on “The Nature of Modern Work Today”
- The survey was conducted online from July 9, 2013 to August 14, 2013, featuring over 200 responses from knowledge workers, executives, IT/technicians and specialists.
Eccentex provides Dynamic Case Management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions using the cloud-based AppBase - Multitenant Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Dynamic Case Management (Adaptive Case Management) supports the evolving knowledge worker and allows organizations to optimize case outcomes, improve customer services and mitigate risk. Small, Midsize and Enterprise businesses world-wide can quickly design, build and deploy adaptive case management cloud applications using AppBase, our enterprise cloud computing platform (PaaS).