SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zoom Video Communications (zoom.us), the emerging leader in cloud-based video conferencing services, today announced the release of Version 2.0 (V2.0). This new release brings to market the world’s most flexible cloud service that unifies HD video conferencing, mobility and web meetings for up to 25 people, devices or rooms, and offers the best cloud video conferencing experience.
- Unparalleled video, voice and screen sharing quality
- Free unlimited minutes for 1-to-1 meetings and 40 minutes for group meetings
- Paid service is only $9.99/month with unlimited minutes and meetings
- Full web meeting functionality, including instant screen sharing and mobile screen sharing
- The ability to create annotations and share audio, mouse and keyboard controls during screen sharing
- Free global teleconferencing
- Software-based HD video conference room, which includes a dual stream for dual screen and the ability to spotlight an active speaker
- Video gallery view to see all 25 video streams at once
- Free personal and virtual H.323/SIP room connector, allowing interoperability between room systems, desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Optional public cloud H.323/SIP room connector at $49/month
“Zoom is investing in bringing leading features with exceptional value to our growing customer base. Over 1 million participants testify to the desire of businesses and individual professionals for the transformational capacity of Zoom’s cloud HD video conferencing,” said Eric Yuan, Founder and CEO.
On average, Zoom has reduced their customer’s video and web collaboration operating costs by over 90% and increased their video communications productivity by 100%. Via their innovative, low-cost unified cloud platform, Zoom eliminates the expense and inefficiency of maintaining multiple disparate and expensive solutions. Today, more than 3,500 businesses depend on Zoom’s #1 cloud video conferencing experience, including: Gerson Lehrman Group, Lookout, LiquidSpace, EZShield, and educational institutions such as Kansas State University, Florida State University, Ottawa University and California College of the Arts.
Dennis O'Brien, Global Head of IT, Gerson Lehrman Group
"I wanted a solution that gives people the freedom to video conference wherever they are because high quality cameras are in every modern laptop, tablet and handheld device. Our go-to platform is Zoom, and quite frankly it's the best one that we've come across. Its simplicity is its beauty - users are finding it easy to adopt. With the 2.0 release, Zoom offers flexibility to create interesting video experiences such as our virtual water cooler, as well as making it easier to build our next-gen conference rooms."
Faye Jones, Professor, Florida State University College of Law
“Zoom’s HD videoconferencing allows Florida State University College of Law students who are enrolled in distance education courses to actively engage and interact, just as if they were in a face-to-face class. Using Zoom, we can better serve our students by offering them a superior distance education experience while they participate in externships or clerk out of town.”
At Zoom Video Communications (zoom.us), our mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies your meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. Zoom Video Communications is a privately held company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. For more information please visit http://zoom.us or follow us @zoom_us.