SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--StreamSend, a leading email marketing service provider and creator of the enhanced social marketing tool suite StreamSend Share 2.0, has sponsored a research report that can help guide businesses to increase their email marketing revenue by using video. The report, produced by The Relevancy Group, is entitled “The ROI of Video in Email Marketing”, and shows how adding videos to email delivers a much higher return on investment – boosting revenues by forty percent.
“Online videos are exploding in popularity while smartphones compete with desktops and laptops as a video delivery device, presenting a huge opportunity to stream video in email and other message formats,” said Dan Forootan, president of StreamSend Email Marketing. “Helping our clients build their brand and their business by sending and sharing video in social and email marketing has been a major focus at StreamSend. Now, with this report by top email research firm The Relevancy Group, we can present the whole picture of video as a powerful ecommerce tool.”
In a survey of 266 marketing executives, The Relevancy Group found that twenty-five percent of email marketers are currently using video in email. The survey reports that marketers using video in email have increased their click-through and conversion rates, and are generating forty percent higher monthly revenue than those that do not use video. To execute video in email effectively, marketers have learned that these videos must have the ability to be configured with call-to-action links, sharing mechanisms and auto-responders.
Key findings include:
- 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, or one hour of video every second.
- More than four billion videos are viewed each day
The rising popularity of Facebook, Twitter, and other social
networks has accelerated the growth of online video and put YouTube at
the core of social collaboration:
- 500 years of YouTube videos are watched on Facebook every day
- 700 YouTube video links are shared on Twitter every minute
Video in Email Marketing Is Still Early-Stage
- Eighteen to thirty year olds are spending 74% more time watching YouTube on their smartphones than they did last year.
- Yet, only twenty-five percent of email marketers are currently using video in their email marketing messages.
Lack of Content and Perceived Costs Inhibit the Widespread Use of
Video in Email Marketing
- The primary reason that marketers report not using video in email marketing messages is a lack of content.
Marketers Are Optimistic About the Use of Video in Email Marketing
- With increasing numbers of marketers adding video to email marketing to engage consumers, email inboxes everywhere will soon become more crowded.
- Nothing connects people to a message as quickly as video.
Video in Email Increases Engagement, Social Sharing, and Conversion
- Adding moving images to email marketing makes those messages more engaging. Marketers that use video in email report increases in every important key performance indicator.
Video in Email Boosts Monthly Revenue by Forty Percent Increasing
- When comparing the performance metrics of marketers utilizing video in email marketing to those that do not, The Relevancy Group found that those adding videos to email had a much higher return on investment.
Select An Email Marketing Video Solution That Includes Advocacy and
- While solutions for marketers abound, successful video email software must provide these features: supports HTML5; click-to-configure; sharing; auto-responders.
Go to www.StreamSend.com/VEMWhitepaper to download a full copy of “The ROI of Video in Email Marketing” from StreamSend and see how video in email and social marketing is helping businesses boost their ROI and build stronger customer relationships.
StreamSend offers an easy-to-use, affordable and reliable email marketing service designed to help businesses maximize the reach of their marketing budget when sending an email newsletter or using Social Media. StreamSend offers a number of industry-leading standard pricing plans, private-label and affiliate programs and hands-on personal client service. Started in 1998, StreamSend is a leader in Email Marketing.