UNTERPREMSTAETTEN, Austria & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ams (SIX: AMS), a leading worldwide designer and manufacturer of high-performance analog ICs and sensor solutions for consumer & communications, industrial & medical and automotive applications, will demonstrate product innovations and technology capabilities at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 that will illustrate how sensors are transforming today’s consumer products. CES is taking place this week in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The technology demonstration showcase will include the following:
- 60-watt 42” flat panel TV – ams technology enables a TV that consumes less power than a 60-watt bulb while delivering the highest picture quality, even in the lowest light conditions.
- Color Light Sensor – Demonstration of color sensors for high accuracy ambient light and color temperature sensing for display backlight control and display/light color consistency.
- Franklin Lightning Sensor – A keychain module that can sense lightning shows how ams technology can be incorporated into low-power, small form factor consumer devices.
- Active Noise Cancellation – Visitors to the ams showcase will have the opportunity to try the “Egg of Silence” and hear how ams technology compensates for surrounding noise, with low power and top performance.
- NFC demonstrations – Technology demonstrations include active boost, NFiC interfaces, and NFC readers for EMV payment.
- Mobile payment – Payments via SIM or micro SD card will be demonstrated, with increased functionality and range.
“The Consumer Electronics Show provides an excellent opportunity for ams to highlight the sensor solutions we have for a wide range of products, from smartphones to tablets to TVs,” said Jerry Koontz, Director, Corporate Marketing Communications at ams. “Anyone who walks through our technology showcase at CES will see that ams is making the future of sensors a reality today.”
CES 2013 registered media that would like to schedule an appointment for a briefing and demonstration should contact Rainier Communications at email@example.com, or tel +1 508-475-0025.