RIVERWOODS, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Discover Financial Services today announced the national launch of Discover it TM, a no annual fee credit card which offers cardmembers the rewards and service for which the company is known, while providing a unique combination of features, benefits and an enhanced customer experience.
The new card’s feature set delivers some of the best qualities that consumers have been asking for in a credit card and builds upon Discover’s leadership in rewards and customer service. Discover has long been known for developing innovative products and services that are relevant to consumers, and the company has ranked #1 in customer loyalty among credit cards for 16 years in a row, according to the 2012 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index Report.
“We believe that consumers want something different from a credit card company – something that addresses their specific needs, treats them fairly and gives them what they deserve,” said Roger Hochschild, president and chief operating officer at Discover. “This card is a natural extension of Discover’s ‘It Pays to Discover’ brand positioning and truly shows how Discover is looking to build a long-term relationship with its customers.”
New cardmembers will feel the difference the minute they receive the Discover it card. The card arrives via expedited delivery in a sleek and simple box. Inside, cardmembers will find a modern, metallic blue card that resembles brushed steel, with their name and card number on the back of the card.
Cardmembers can expect the best of what Discover offers and more with this new product, as the Discover it card promises to be:
- Fair: No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No pay-by-phone fee. No foreign transaction fee. And no fee for your first late payment. Plus Discover won't raise a cardmember’s APR for paying late.*
- Safe: Discover ranks among the industry’s highest in identity fraud resolution, according to the Javelin Strategy & Research Eighth Annual Card Issuer’s Safety Scorecard Report (June 2012). Plus, Discover’s $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee means cardmembers are never responsible for unauthorized charges on their account.
- Generous: Cardmembers can earn 5% Cashback Bonus in relevant categories that change throughout the year, up to a quarterly maximum, when they sign up for each 5% program. Cardmembers automatically earn 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases, not points. Cardmembers also earn 5-20% Cashback Bonus through the company’s online shopping portal, ShopDiscover, and can use the new Cashback Concierge, a free service that guides customers through a one-on-one online tour that helps them get the most from their rewards based on how they use their cards.
- Flexible: Cardmembers can choose their own due dates and pay until midnight (ET) online or by phone. Free online management tools, mobile apps and e-mail reminders keep cardmembers on top of their accounts.
- Human: Cardmembers have the option of immediately being connected to a live, U.S.-based customer service representative to discuss their accounts at any time. If cardmembers lose their jobs, Discover will find a way to help.
Consumers or current cardmembers interested in learning more about Discover it may call 1-800-756-4336 or visit Discover.com.
*Offer for new cardmembers: APR for purchases and balance transfers: 10.99% - 19.99% variable based on availability and creditworthiness. Cash APR: 24.99% variable. Min. int. charge: $0.50. Cash fee: 5%, min. $10. Balance transfer fee: 3%. Rates as of 12/31/12.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company operates the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers home loans, private student loans, personal loans, online savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its direct banking business. Its payment businesses consist of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discoverfinancial.com.