CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Groupon (www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) unveiled a new version (v.1.5) of the free shopping app Groupon HD for iPad, boasting a more colorful, simplified user experience to encourage the discovery of Groupon’s local merchants, Groupon Goods deals and Groupon Getaways destinations. Just in time for the holidays, the app also helps shoppers find the perfect gift for Grouponicus, Groupon’s ancient non-denominational wintertime holiday celebration.
The first major update since the app’s debut in April 2011, Groupon HD for iPad (v.1.5) highlights include:
- Vibrant, sleek user interface to facilitate easier navigation
- “Nearby” tab to enable users to view, map and discover Groupon deals by proximity and category
- Easier sharing of deals through improved Facebook iOS 6 integration
- Support for promotional and gift codes
- Expanded international availability: Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Singapore and Sweden. The app is now available in the U.S., Canada and 11 other countries
"Groupon" is a registered trademark of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.