SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DocuSign, the global standard for eSignature, today announced the Fall ’12 Release of its eSignature transaction management platform. This release includes new capabilities for enterprise use, deeper solutions for business industries and professionals, and enhancements to DocuSign Ink – the company’s top-rated mobile app for tablets and smartphones. DocuSign helps customers securely collect information, automate workflows, and sign anything, anywhere, anytime – to transact business faster, reduce costs and delight customers.
“DocuSign has become a ‘must have’ business imperative for organizations of every size,” said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO at DocuSign. “As the eSignature industry has matured, customers and prospects are driving enterprise-wide deployments, more tailored solutions for their industries and roles, and want to DocuSign from any mobile device. Our latest DocuSign release addresses these trends to provide our customers immediate ROI and long-term value.”
Customer, partner, developer and employee insights have resulted in the DocuSign Fall ’12 Release delivering:
A More Powerful Enterprise eSignature Platform: More organizations are deploying DocuSign enterprise-wide. The DocuSign Fall ’12 Release makes it easier for organizations to do so with new capabilities that include:
- Shared Template Folders: Companies can easily organize any number of document templates enterprise-wide with shared folders that give users access to documents based on user permissions.
- Simplified User Management: Streamlined bulk management of users and permissions makes it even faster to get users up and running on DocuSign. New support for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 offers the latest in web-based authentication and authorization including Single Sign On (SSO).
- Greater Accessibility: New screen reader support helps visually impaired signers DocuSign.
- Further Enhancements: Additional new DocuSign features include senders setting the signing language for customers, streamlined DocuSign PowerForms to reduce the number of steps for signing, new eSignature format controls so senders can specify how signatures appear in DocuSigned documents, and deeper document visibility controls to give senders more options to specify which documents signers can see in an envelope.
David McCoy, state controller of North Carolina, noted that “Citizens will find it easier to do business with the State because they will be able to sign forms and documents anytime, anywhere and from any web-accessible device.” Mr. McCoy further explained that “State agencies, universities, community colleges and local governments also will benefit from this 21st century tool that will help them move to digital processes and away from the labor-intensive and time-consuming processes that require a wet ink signature to each document and form.”
Deeper Industry Solutions for Financial Services and Life Sciences: Highly regulated industries face unique challenges in moving to end-to-end electronic processes and require certain capabilities to fully transition. DocuSign’s close relationships with customers, partners and government authorities in these industries have positioned the company to drive deeper vertical market solutions that meet industry-specific requirements.
- Financial Services: DocuSign’s new email archival capabilities helps organizations meet Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) guidelines for accurate archival of all email communications between their business and clients.
- Life Sciences: DocuSign helps organizations comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations – including Title 21CFR Part11. DocuSign’s new signing and signer management capabilities accelerate clinical trials, research, and other functions to bring new medicines and treatments to market faster.
“DocuSign’s eSignature solution is an important component of our larger effort to enhance the experience of advisors and their clients by optimizing technology to streamline processes and reduce paperwork,” said Neesha Hathi, senior vice president of advisor technology solutions for Charles Schwab Advisor Services.
New Mobile Capabilities: DocuSigning on mobile devices is accelerating for all types of consumers and professionals. DocuSign’s mobile app, DocuSign Ink, launched in late 2011 and has already been downloaded more than 650,000 times.
- Enhancements here include a more intuitive user interface, integrations with popular cloud storage solutions Box, DropBox and Google, and in-person signing on any mobile device. The latest release of DocuSign supports forty-three languages to make global business on the go even easier, faster, and more secure for customers than ever.
“eSignature market momentum continues to build as enterprises and governments seek ways to improve customer service and process efficiency and effectiveness,” said Gregg Kreizman, Research VP at Gartner. “This is especially true in an increasingly connected and mobile world.”
“Customers tell us they choose DocuSign because of our robust transaction platform, commitment to security, partner ecosystem, and world class customer programs,” said Krach. “Investment in these areas has helped DocuSign become the global standard for eSignature that attracts more than 50,000 new users daily to the DocuSign Global Network.”
DocuSign’s latest release follows the company’s recent Series D funding of $60 million led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and joined by Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SAP Ventures, Comcast Ventures and others. New and expanding partnerships with Apple, eOriginal, Evernote, foxit, Microsoft Windows 8, salesforce.com, SugarCRM and others are helping fuel the company’s growth. The company is expanding internationally and recently expanded its ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification as an information security management system to include DocuSign’s international offices.
Companies interested in DocuSign’s latest release may visit http://www.docusign.com/upcoming-release.
About DocuSign Inc.
DocuSign® is the leader in eSignature transaction management and the global standard for eSignature. Global enterprises, business departments, individual professionals and consumers are standardising on DocuSign, with more than 50,000 new users joining the DocuSign Global Network every day. Today, that network includes more than 25 million users in 188 countries. DocuSign is used to accelerate transaction times to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers across nearly every industry – from financial services, insurance, technology, healthcare, manufacturing, communications, property management and consumer goods, to higher education and others. For more information, visit www.docusign.com or call 877.720.2040. Visit the DocuSign blog at www.docusign.com/blog and follow DocuSign on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.