FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Data Corporation (IDC) hosted a webinar, IDC Insights Predictions 2013: CIO Agenda, highlighting the top 10 market predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Meredith Whalen, David McNally, and Joseph Pucciarelli, the session provided organizations with insight on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon that will most impact the role of the CIO. The Predictions Webinar series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. According to the webinar, in 2013, the right portfolio of services and systems will enable the Agile Enterprise and separate winners from losers. In addition, the analysts suggest that interestingly the role of the CIO is becoming more about the information and less about the technology.
An on-demand replay of the webinar, which was held December 3rd, will be available by December 5th. To access the replay, please visit http://bit.ly/IDC_Predictions2013_CIOAgenda.
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - By 2016, LOB Executives Will Be Directly Involved in 80% of New IT Investments
- Prediction 2 - By 2015, 90% of IT Investments Will Be Evaluated in Terms of Strategic Goals
- Prediction 3 - CIOs and CFOs Will Move to "Zero Capital" and Transform the IT Financial Model
- Prediction 4 - In 2013, CIOs Deliver 3rd Platform Mash-Ups as Competitive Differentiators
- Prediction 5 - 70% of CIOs Will Embrace a "Cloud First" Strategy in 2016
- Prediction 6 - By 2013, One Third of All New Application Development Will Target a Mobile Form Factor
- Prediction 7 - Enterprise Social Networks Move Beyond Pilot Stage With Business Sponsorship
- Prediction 8 - Big Data & Analytics Projects Will Be Like No Other IT Project
- Prediction 9 - IT Talent Will Become the Biggest Barrier to Innovation
- Prediction 10 - By 2018, 50% of Business Execs Will View the CIO as a Business Innovator
"Our 2013 Predictions for the CIO Agenda reflect the impact of the 3rd Platform Shift. Cloud, Mobile, Social and Big Data solutions are changing the Business/IT engagement models, and presenting CIOs with new opportunities to be seen as Business Innovators," said David McNally, IT Executive Advisor at IDC.
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC Predictions
As we have for the past three decades, IDC ends the year with our outlook for the coming year in the IT market. During the next 60 days, IDC will publish literally dozens of IDC Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
About IDC Insights
IDC Insights lines of business assist businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Our global research and analysis is focused on mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying new opportunities, and bringing forth technology solutions that are aligned with the organization's business objectives. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-872-8200. Visit the IDC Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/.