ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AirWatch®, the global leader and innovator in mobile security, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM), Mobile Content Management (MCM), Mobile Email Management (MEM) and BYOD management, enables organizations across all industries to centrally manage mobile content with the enhanced security that enterprises require and the ease of use that consumers demand.
For enterprises, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is a critical concern due to the proliferation of free cloud file-sharing services. By utilizing 256-bit AES container and SSL encryption, the AirWatch Secure Content LockerTM is a safe solution for managing and distributing content to corporate mobile devices. Through role-based access controls, geofencing, multi-factor authentication, directory services and user group integration, the AirWatch Secure Content Locker ensures that content stays with the desired contacts.
Transportation and Aviation: Distribute electronic flight manuals to pilots, saving United Airlines 16 million sheets of paper and 326,000 gallons of jet fuel per year.
- “By implementing the Secure Content Locker from AirWatch, our pilots easily access updated flight manuals from their tablets and no longer have to carry heavy flight bags,” said Jon Merritt, senior manager at United Airlines. “This convenience creates a huge opportunity for flight operations, especially now that we don’t have to print new documents each time they are revised.”
Corporate: Provide secure board book access to executives.
- “Our board uses iPads for meetings which makes secure access to confidential information absolutely paramount,” said Simon Merry, global head of I.T. at Chemring Group Plc. “AirWatch is an essential component in our secure data container that safeguards sensitive information for board members.”
Retail: Deliver latest sales numbers and marketing presentations to remote employees.
- “We use the AirWatch Secure Content Locker to give our sales team the latest sales presentations, videos and information to share with potential and current customers,” said Antonio Saiz, IT administrator at Bandalux. “Being able to push the most recent products specs over-the-air to the device gives the team a big competitive advantage.”
Worldwide, AirWatch sees the potential for business-to-consumer organizations using the Secure Content Locker to increase efficiency and reduce costs by replacing traditional methods of sharing content with customers. End-users want easy, on-demand access to the latest content, and organizations need a central way to distribute this content without burdening consumers with advanced security and device management requirements. For example:
- Educational institutions administering scholastic resources to students
- Financial firms circulating market projections to top investors
- Retailers distributing private catalogs and promotions to premium shoppers
“Enterprises have struggled to empower their end-users with a secure platform to easily access and share corporate content,” says John Marshall, CEO, AirWatch. “The AirWatch Secure Content Locker fully integrates with our industry-leading mobile device management platform to provide a fully-encrypted container for content such as SharePoint files or email attachments. We designed the integrated solution to incorporate multi-factor authentication, advanced encryption and detailed logging to fully meet enterprise requirements for data loss prevention.”
AirWatch is the global leader in mobile device security and management (MDM) systems, and, with 800 associates, is more than twice the size of any other MDM company. Having no outside capital, AirWatch is predominately funded by operating cash flow, resulting in an estimated install base four to five times larger than any other MDM provider. The largest customer base, combined with the largest research and development team in the industry, allows AirWatch to provide the broadest functionality at the lowest cost. This, combined with our scalable high-availability architecture, results in virtually every mobility project with more than 20,000 devices being managed by AirWatch. Examples of this market leadership include the top three companies in the Fortune 500 and eight of the top 10 retailers in the United States.
© 2012 AirWatch, LLC. All rights reserved. AirWatch® and the AirWatch logo are registered trademarks of AirWatch, LLC. All other brands and trademarks mentioned in this press release are the property of their respective owners.