--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sprint’s fifth annual Veterans Day Celebration will be held Thursday, Nov. 8, at the World Headquarters Campus in Overland Park. This event will be co-hosted by Sprint Campus tenants JP Morgan and Black & Veatch.
Sprint values and honors members of the military who serve our country and is widely recognized for its strong commitment to the military and veterans. Sprint was recently recognized as a 2012 Most Valuable Employer for Military for the fourth year in a row from CivilianJobs.com, as well as the #2 happiest company for U.S. veterans in 2012 by CareerBliss.
Sprint has approximately 1,500 veteran employees, and 44 Sprint employees are currently deployed. VETS, Sprint’s military Employee Resource Group, has more than 800 employee members active in 36 states and Puerto Rico.
Veterans Day Celebration on the Sprint Campus
Thursday, Nov. 8
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Aircraft will land at 11 a.m.
Sprint World Headquarters Campus at 117th and Nall in Overland Park
Media note: Media vehicles must be in place by 10:30 a.m. for military aircraft landing.
*Interview opportunities with Sprint organizers and military personnel will be available during the event.
Exhibits and attractions include:
- U.S. Army helicopters: AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Blackhawk and CH-57 Chinook
- U.S. Army Reserve and National Guard ground equipment, Signal Corps, Military Police, Transportation Co.
- Historical military vehicles
- 312th Army band
- Overland Park Police and Fire departments – SWAT team, bomb squad and K9 demonstrations
- Johnson County Sheriff’s Office – Crime Lab, weapons display, SWAT armored vehicle
- Fraternal military organizations, including the Marine Corps League and American Legion
- Vietnam Veterans of America Huey display helicopter
- Slugger, KC Wolf and 1-2 Missouri Comets players
- Fort Leavenworth, Fort Leonard Wood and National WW1 Museum indoor displays
- Sprint 4G Team
This event is open to the public and kids are welcome.