The NCTA 21 Awards are North Carolina's most prestigious and longest running statewide technology awards program. The annual showcase honors companies and individuals in 21 categories that represent the best and brightest in technology and business.
A review committee comprised of non-profit, media, education, and technology leaders representing various regions of the state selected this year’s finalists. Winners will be announced and recognized at the annual awards gala on November 8, 2012 at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center in Durham, N.C.
Eighteen of the 21 awards will be presented to companies/organizations that have demonstrated excellence in the technology industry. Categories and finalists include:
- Best Customer Service Award: APEX Analytix, Citrix, SoftPro, WorkSmart
- Best Internal Implementation of Technology Award: Carolinas HealthCare System, NC Department of Health & Human Services – NC FAST, PlyGem Building Products, Wastequip
- Best Product or Service Technology Company Award: Citrix, Epic Games, nContact Surgical, RegEd, XS Inc.
- Best Workplace Culture Company Award: Epic Games, Geomagic, Hirease, LexisNexis, Red Hat
- Clean Technology Company Award: e-Cycle, Elster Solutions, Semprius, Tantalus Systems, CoaLogix
- Corporate Impact Company Award: EMC, LexisNexis, Google, Time Warner Cable
- Emerging Technology Company Award: 6fusion, Windsor Circle, nContact Surgical, TearScience, Deal Cloud
- Environmental Steward Company Award: CommScope, e-Cycle, Google, SAS
- Fastest Growing Company Award: 6Fusion, BioResource International, DukeNet Communications, Lenovo, SilkRoad Technology
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Company Award: BioAgilytix Labs, Bioptigen, Medicago, TearScience
- Industry Driven Technology Company Award: Allscripts, ChannelAdvisor, Epic Games, Jackrabbit Technologies, Railinc
- Large Technology Company Award: Cisco, Epic Games, Lenovo, Microsoft
- Mid-Size Technology Company Award: Diversified Information Technologies, Internetwork Engineering, SciQuest, Intelligent Access Systems, RegEd
- Most Innovative Technology Company Award: Automated Insights, Bioptigen, Valencell, Xanofi, Geomagic, Talari Networks
- Private Company Award: AvidXchange, Bandwidth, Cenduit, Meridian, Netsertive
- Public Company Award: Accenture, Cisco, Lenovo, Red Hat, SciQuest
- Small Technology Company Award: Appia, Epsilon, Netsertive, Parameter Generation & Control, Small Footprint, Telovations
- Software Company Award: AvidXchange, Epic Games, Knowledge Tree, Red Hat, WebAssign
Three additional awards will be presented to individuals who have demonstrated exemplary leadership, and winners are announced closer to (or at) the gala:
- Public Leadership Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Tech Executive of the Year (determined by online poll)
For more information on the NCTA 21 Awards, visit www.NCTA21Awards.com.
The North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA) is a not-for-profit, membership-driven trade association and the primary voice of the technology industry in North Carolina. NCTA is the intersection of leadership and technology, fueling the growth of North Carolina through Executive Engagement, Public Affairs, and a Knowledge Workforce. For more information, visit our website at www.nctechnology.org.