RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced that in a comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence software products, QlikView ranked first among the BI Giants peer group in visual analysis, innovation, agility and shortest project length. In the Visual Analysis and Data Discovery peer group, QlikView ranked first in lowest cost per seat, lowest numbers of administrators per seat, lowest cost, and mobile BI. The BI Survey 12, conducted by the Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world’s largest independent survey of Business Intelligence (BI) and Performance Management (PM) users.
For the second straight year, QlikTech had the largest number of participants in the BI Survey. Of those participants, nearly three-fourths use QlikView as their standard for enterprise reporting and for visual analysis/data discovery. According to Carsten Bange, lead author at BARC, these results illustrate that a well-executed go-to-market strategy can deliver extreme customer value.
“QlikView scores well in a variety of areas, and tops the list when it comes to visual analysis, mobile BI, and self-service features that deliver agility in BI projects,” said Bange. “Compared to other Visual BI and Data Discovery tools, it has the best cost ratios when it comes to license fees, external implementation spend, and administrators needed per seat. In my view, this is indicative of QlikTech’s focus on building an innovative, feature-rich product.”
In continuing to outpace larger rivals in BI Giants category such as SAP (Business Objects), Oracle (Hyperion) and IBM (Cognos) and Microsoft, QlikView’s #1 ratings include:
- Visual Analysis – The QlikView Business Discovery platform enables users to conduct searches and interact with dynamic dashboards and analytics from any device. QlikView customers are more than 50 percent more inclined to use QlikView for visual analysis than the weighted average of all major BI product suites in the BI Survey 12. This is a strong indicator that QlikView is bringing a whole new level of ease of use, insight, and value to business users.
- Innovation – QlikView 11 boasts industry-leading innovations such as social and mobile Business Discovery. In the survey, customers noted visual analysis and mobile BI as key functionalities that showcase QlikView’s product innovation.
- Project Length – QlikTech’s approach of offering a flexible development environment enables skilled consultants and users to quickly build applications without being dependent on time-consuming tasks like data integration or data modeling.
- Agility – QlikView makes it easy for business analysts and BI developers to create purpose-built BI apps that users can enhance and extend as business needs change. QlikView secures a top ranking in this category for its short project length and flexibility in building and changing applications.
Among Visual Analysis and Data Discovery vendors, QlikTech ranked #1 in four categories:
- Cost/Cost Per Seat/Number of Administrators – QlikTech shows the best cost Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of all visual analysis vendors. This KPI takes into account license fees, external implementation fees and the number of administrators needed in relation to the number of seats purchased.
- Mobile BI – QlikView delivers the full power of QlikView to the mobile device – including the associative experience, interactive analysis, and search. Unlike reporting tools that require power analysts to create data queries, QlikView mobile users define their own views.
“It’s been interesting over the years of this survey to see QlikTech rise from an upstart to a leader in so many key categories among BI Giants,” adds Melanie Mack, co-author of the BI Survey. “It’s remarkable how many organizations are using QlikView today. This data shows that QlikTech has successfully addressed the self-service BI requirements of business users in areas of speed, cost and performance.”
“The results of The BI Survey 12 reflect that the user-centric breed of BI we pioneered – Business Discovery – is being used and appreciated in companies around the world,” said Lars Björk, QlikTech’s chief executive officer. ”Outperforming a host of other BI products validates our philosophical difference from the traditional vendors: we believe the power of information should reach to the edges of every organization rather than being used by a chosen few. Now companies can get up and running quickly, get to the information they need from existing systems, and be agile in the way they run their business.”
The BI Survey 12 – now in its twelfth year – generated almost 3,000 responses analyzing 27 different BI products from April through July 2012. The purpose of this online study is to uncover the motivation behind mid-market and enterprises selecting BI products, examine how they use them, and to what level business benefits are achieved.
QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK) is a leader in Business Discovery—user-driven Business Intelligence (BI). Its QlikView Business Discovery solution bridges the gap between traditional BI solutions and inadequate spreadsheet applications. The in-memory associative search technology QlikTech pioneered created the self-service BI category, allowing users to explore information freely rather than being confined to a predefined path of questions. Appropriate from SMB to the largest global enterprise, QlikView’s self-service analysis can be deployed with data governance in days or weeks. The QlikView Business Discovery platform’s app-driven model works with existing BI solutions, offering an immersive mobile and social, collaborative experience. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, QlikTech has offices around the world serving approximately 26,000 customers in over 100 countries.
About Business Application Research Center (BARC)
Business Application Research Center (BARC) is a leading independent software industry analyst delivering information to more than 1000 customers each year. For more than ten years, BARC has specialized in core research areas including Data Management and Business Intelligence as well as Enterprise Content Management.
BARC publishes the largest end-user survey on Business Intelligence products – The BI Survey – and the most comprehensive collection of in-depth BI product evaluations and market analysis – The BI Verdict (formerly known as The OLAP Report).
More than 30 highly-qualified professionals deliver 100% unbiased and well-founded knowledge about the software market with software evaluations, conferences, market research and consulting. BARC has offices in the UK and Germany, and partners worldwide.
QlikTech and QlikView are trademarks or registered trademarks of QlikTech or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Other company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.