DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5x8725/plunketts_infotec) has announced the addition of Plunkett Research Ltd's new book "Plunkett's InfoTech Industry Almanac 2012: InfoTech Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies" to their offering.
Plunkett's Infotech Industry Almanac 2012
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 12
Companies Profiled: 499
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the InfoTech Industry
1) Introduction to the InfoTech Industry
2) Hot Fields Within the InfoTech Sector
3) Memory and Storage Needs Soar While Miniaturization Lowers Prices
4) Tablet and Ultrabook Sales Soar
5) India and China PC Markets Targeted by Manufacturers
6) Supercomputing Hits 10.51 Petaflops
7) New Chips Provide Higher Speeds and Lighter Weights/Consume Less Power
8) Open Source Systems Grow/New Operating Systems Set to Launch
9) Cloud Computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
10) Wi-Fi Is Pervasive and Indispensable
11) MIMO (802.11n) Enhances WiMAX, the High-Speed Wireless Wave
12) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cell phones and Other Devices
13) Broadband Market Nears 1 Billion Subscribers Worldwide
14) Fiber-to-the-Home Gains Traction
15) Multimedia Hub Homes Slowly Become a Reality/TVs Are Internet Ready
16) Health Care Information Research Remains a Leading Use of the Internet
17) U.S. Broadband Connections Rank Behind Other Nations
18) Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
19) The Future: Pervasive Computing, Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
20) Nanotechnology Will Create Powerful Semiconductors in the Near Future
21) Nanotechnology Holds the Key to the Ultra-dense Molecular Memory of the Future
22) Virtualization of Servers Leads to Data Center Efficiency
23) Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
InfoTech Industry Statistics:
1) InfoTech Industry Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2010-2011
4) Quantity & Value of Quarterly Shipments of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 1st Quarter 2010-1st Quarter 2011
5) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting, Internet Service Providers & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S. 2007-2011
6) Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2003-2nd Quarter 2011
7) Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2005-September 2011
8) Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2005-November 2011
9) Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.:2006-September 2011
10) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2004-2011
11) Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2006-Oct. 2011
12) InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 1997-2011
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Major Trends Affecting the InfoTech Industry
Chapter 2: InfoTech Industry Statistics
Chapter 3: Important InfoTech Industry Contacts
(Addresses, Phone Numbers and Internet Sites)
Chapter 4: THE INFOTECH 500: Who They Are and How They Were Chosen
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5x8725/plunketts_infotec
Source: Plunkett Research Ltd