DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3fxzvt/defense_spending_i) has announced the addition of the "Defense Spending in North America" report to their offering.
Defense Spending in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America defense spending market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The defense market is segmented to include expenditure on: personnel; equipment; infrastructure; and other expenditure (which represents all other spending). Volume is measured as the active serving personnel in the national army, air force, navy (including marines and coast guard) and other elements of the service, such as Joint Staff. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2011 annual average exchange rates.
- North American defense spending had a total budget allocation of $733.2 billion in 2011, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2007 and 2011.
- The number of personnel employed in the defense sector increased with a CAGR of 0.9% between 2007 and 2011, to reach a total of 1.7 million personnel in 2011.
- Defense spending is forecast to decline, with an anticipated compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.7% for the five-year period 2011 - 2016, which is expected to reduce spend to a value of $606.5 billion by the end of 2016.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the defense spending market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the defense spending market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the North America economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the North America defense spending market by value in 2011?
- What will be the size of the North America defense spending market in 2016?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3fxzvt/defense_spending_i.