SEBASTOPOL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Safari® Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com), the on-demand digital learning library for technology, digital media and business professionals, today announced their next generation Safari To Go app which is a free app designed specifically for Apple and Android phone and tablet users.
The new apps are more than “mobile-ready” versions of Safari Books Online – they allow users to consume and manage content, navigating in a familiar and comfortable environment, from their mobile device of choice. The Safari To Go apps make learning on the go convenient and easy by giving users the ability to pick up where they left off from any Safari Books Online reading platform. This means that a user can access Safari Books Online, begin a reading session from a PC and easily pick up where they left off from their iPhone, iPad, Android phone or Android tablet device.
Safari To Go iOS and Android apps provide the following:
- Offline Bookbag capacity increased to allow the download of 3 books for reading without an Internet connection
- Synched Recent Views, Bookmarks & Folders across all devices used to access Safari Books Online
- 3G & 4G optimized for faster load times and smaller data overhead
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming for optimal video playback based on available bandwidth
- Updated User Interface making navigation of folders, content and searches a breeze
- New “Browse” encourages discovery of books & videos across a broad range of categories and interests
- Grouped Bookmarks by title create better organization of key materials
- Smart Lists allow for saving of a search and following new titles that match the search results (which automatically update as new titles are added to the library)
“We’re really excited to unveil the long awaited iPhone, Android phone and Android Tablet Apps in addition to a re-designed iPad app,” said Bill Levien, Mobile Product Manager, Safari Books Online. “We wanted users to be able to quickly find the content they care about when they only have a precious few moments to get in some reading. We also wanted to create a comfortable reading experience for those marathon reading sessions and ensure synchronization between devices to allow users to quickly pick up where they left off, regardless of which of their devices is being used to access Safari Books Online.”
Learn more about Safari Books Online’s mobile apps.
Get the Safari To Go app for iOS http://bit.ly/NHQloh
Get the Safari To Go app for Android: http://bit.ly/ORaclS
Access Safari Books Online’s mobile website at m.safaribooksonline.com.
About Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com and www.safaribooksonline.de) is an on-demand digital library that delivers a wide range of vetted learning resources in both book and video form from the world’s leading authors in technology, digital media and business. Technology professionals, software developers, web designers, and business and creative professionals use Safari Books Online as their primary resource for research, problem solving, learning and certification training.
Safari Books Online offers a range of product mixes and pricing programs for organizations, government agencies and individuals. Subscribers have access to thousands of books, training videos and prepublication manuscripts in one fully-searchable database from publishers like O’Reilly Media, Prentice Hall Professional, Addison-Wesley Professional, Microsoft Press, Sams, Que, Peachpit Press, Focal Press, Cisco Press, John Wiley & Sons, Syngress, Morgan Kaufmann, IBM Redbooks, Packt, Adobe Press, FT Press, Apress, Manning, New Riders, McGraw-Hill, Wrox, Course Technology and dozens more. For more information about Safari Books Online, please visit us at www.safaribooksonline.com and www.safaribooksonline.de.