RALEIGH, N.C. & BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RED HAT SUMMIT AND JBOSS WORLD 2012 – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced a set of solutions that the company plans to roll out in the coming months that are based on Red Hat products and technologies and are designed to enable enterprises to build and manage open hybrid clouds. The solutions combine Red Hat’s full portfolio of products -- including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, Red Hat Storage, JBoss Enterprise Middleware, Red Hat CloudFormsTM and Red Hat OpenShiftTM Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) – to offer enterprises an easy on-ramp to open hybrid cloud computing with reduced complexity.
“Cloud computing has introduced a new era of IT and has brought enterprises to their most critical IT strategy decision this decade,” said Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies at Red Hat. “We strongly believe that enterprises need to embrace an open hybrid cloud approach, combining all their existing resources into their cloud infrastructures, crossing physical, virtual and public cloud resources. Today, Red Hat takes a huge step forward in enabling our enterprise customers with the technologies and solutions they need to build and manage open hybrid clouds.”
Introduced today, Red Hat’s four open hybrid cloud solutions include:
- OpenShiftTM Enterprise PaaS Solution: The leading cloud application platform for the enterprise, this solution will combine Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and JBoss Enterprise Middleware to build an ITOps PaaS that is designed to deliver the speed and agility of PaaS desired by enterprise developers while addressing the governance and operational requirements of enterprise IT in an open and hybrid cloud. In the future this solution is planned to be expanded to enable customers to build a DevOps PaaS environment that is fully compatible with the OpenShift.com Public PaaS.
- Red Hat Hybrid Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Solution: The industry’s first open hybrid cloud solution for enterprises, this offering will include the software needed to deploy and manage a hybrid cloud, including virtualization management with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; cloud management, governed self-service and systems management with Red Hat CloudForms; and guest operating system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat plans to include public cloud hours from leading providers with the solution in the future.
- Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle: Moving enterprises to the cloud for the price of virtualization, this offering packages Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudFormsTM together to enable users to move to the cloud more quickly by combining virtualization and cloud management into the same project cycle.
- Red Hat Storage: Redefining enterprise and hybrid cloud storage with open source solutions, Red Hat Storage, the company’s scale-out, open source storage software for the management of unstructured data, is generally available with Red Hat Storage Server 2.0 today. Red Hat Storage transforms the enterprise and cloud storage market by – for the first time – combining community-powered innovation with the volume economics of industry standard x86 servers across on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments.
Red Hat Storage is available today. The OpenShift Enterprise PaaS Solution, Red Hat Hybrid Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Solution and Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle offerings are expected to be available in Summer 2012.
Stephen O'Grady, principal analyst, RedMonk
“While customers seeking to build clouds from open source components have a wealth of projects to choose from, integration remains a challenge. With its hybrid cloud offerings, Red Hat is seeking to give customers more of a turnkey experience.”
- Red Hat Cloud
- Red Hat Summit and JBoss World
- Follow updates from Red Hat Summit and JBoss World on Twitter at @RedHatSummit or #redhat
Connect with Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, taking a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.