CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its first quarter 2012 (1Q12) Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment vendor market share report, which tracks traditional PBX and KTS phone systems, IP PBX systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“We have been closely monitoring year-over-year growth rates for signs of a strengthening PBX market recovery, and the fact that global revenue in the first quarter of 2012 was down slightly (-0.6%) from the year-ago first quarter indicates that we are looking at another year of modest growth in the PBX market,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers adds: “With businesses adding fewer employees or holding off on upgrades for as long as possible, the competition in the enterprise telephony market has gotten very aggressive. Cisco and Avaya, who’ve been battling neck-and-neck for more than 2 years, remain on top despite lower revenue this quarter. Meanwhile, NEC and Siemens Enterprise are two of the few vendors who managed to increase their PBX revenue this quarter.”
PBX AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global PBX/KTS system market declined 4.6% to $2.06 billion in 1Q12 from the previous quarter
- Year-over-year, sales of pure IP PBX systems are up almost 4% and unified communications sales are up 16%
- The Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) region was a bright spot in 1Q12, up 18% from the year-ago first quarter for combined TDM, hybrid IP and pure IP PBX revenue due to healthy growth and new business creation across the region
- Asia Pacific, which tends to have a seasonally strong first quarter, unlike other regions, posted the strongest quarter-over-quarter results, up 16% in 1Q12 from 4Q11
- Infonetics remains cautious about North America and the EMEA region due to the current economic situation and future uncertainty within specific countries in Europe
Infonetics’ quarterly Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, analysis, and forecasts for the enterprise telephony market, including TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBX systems, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communication applications (communicator, unified messaging), IP desk phones and IP soft phones. The report tracks Aastra, AudioCodes, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, D-Link, HP, IBM, LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NET/Quintum, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, Toshiba, Vertical, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics sales at http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Diane Myers’ client conference call with highlights from this report is June 11, 12:00 p.m. Eastern.
- Latest Infonetics Enterprise Voice, Video and Unified Communications newsletter: http://bit.ly/LjhEJv
- Comcast, Verizon top Infonetics Business VoIP Services Scorecard for North America
- Enterprise session border controller market up 60% as SIP trunking adoption grows
- VoIP services market growing strong as businesses seek flexibility, easier management
- $22 billion to be spent on videoconferencing and telepresence over the next 5 years
- First VoLTE equipment spending buoys carrier VoIP in 1Q12; Alcatel-Lucent doubles share
- Operators name Acme Packet top SBC vendor; SIP trunking, interconnection driving SBCs
- Unified communications survey shows Microsoft and Cisco lead, mobility key, video growing
Download report highlights, prospectuses, tables of contents, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see ENTERPRISE VOICE, VIDEO, AND UNIFIED COMMUNICATION) or log in to download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment Market Share and Forecasts
- Mobile VoIP Services and Subscribers Market Size and Forecasts
- IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey
- EMEA Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard
- VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers Market Share and Forecasts
- UC Deployment Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50301492&lang=en