WALNUT CREEK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fehr & Peers’s latest technical initiative, ASAP (asap.fehrandpeers.com), helps clients harness Big Data to make faster and better-informed decisions about their transportation investments.
The Big Data explosion is benefitting many industries, including transportation. However, agencies are struggling to understand how best to leverage this information amid their reality of declining resources. Fehr & Peers is uniquely positioned to help clients navigate these challenges by combining our wealth of experience in community-based transportation with our expertise in developing innovative transportation solutions that improve communities. Through strategic partnerships with organizations including AirSage, Google, INRIX, Mygistics, TomTom, and UC Berkeley, Fehr & Peers is developing new and better ways to harness Big Data to solve our client’s most pressing transportation problems. Here are some examples:
- Better infrastructure design decisions using unprecedented quantities of mobile locations including cell phone and GPS data
- More accurate impact assessments of new land development proposals using data highly targeted to the characteristics of a specific site
- More efficient transit service plans and station designs matched to the unique user demand profile of a given system
- More accurate engineering designs and cost estimates using LIDAR mapping technology
- Optimal sizing and placement of shared systems including bike share and car share facilities and electric vehicle charging stations
“We believe Big Data is transforming virtually every aspect of how we plan, design, construct, and operate our transportation systems,” said CEO Matt Henry. “The ASAP initiative represents our commitment to developing the latest innovations in transportation to help our clients improve communities.”
ABOUT FEHR & PEERS – Fehr & Peers (fehandpeers.com) provides transportation planning and traffic engineering services to public agencies, institutions, and private companies – projects include local circulation and parking studies, regional transportation plans, and traffic engineering design, with expertise in all forms of transportation. The firm has earned a reputation for successfully completing complex and controversial projects on time and within budget. Fehr & Peers’s mission is to empower every employee to develop effective and innovative transportation solutions that improve communities.