GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After more than 150 video submissions from small businesses across the country Turnstone, a Steelcase brand, today announced five winners of the “Win a Sweet New Office!” contest. From Birmingham, Alabama to Harlem, New York, five winners will soon begin the process of transforming their workspaces into vibrant environments that foster creativity and collaboration.
The contest encouraged small and emerging businesses – companies with less than 100 employees – from across the country to submit a short video demonstrating what made them unique and why a new office would make a difference. A panel of expert judges selected the top 25 videos, and then the public voted online to determine which five companies would get the prize.
In addition to the $25,000 office makeover, each of the five winners was awarded with a block party to celebrate their respective awards. During the celebrations, space planning consultants collaborated with the winners to outfit a work space that is specifically designed to fit their needs and culture.
“At Turnstone we believe every business has the right to a great workplace, no matter the size of the organization or the size of the budget. We wish every company who entered could have won – but we’re thrilled with the five the public chose,” said Kevin Kuske, general manager of Turnstone. “We are excited to work with these five great entrepreneurs to transform their current spaces into environments that will amplify creativity, their brand, their culture and ultimately encourage growth.”
Meet the Five Winners:
- IncubateNYC, based in Harlem, New York, is an organization that fosters entrepreneurship by creating a community where people are free to collaborate and express their passion through their work while receiving valuable mentorship from industry leaders.
- Fracture, based in Gainesville, Florida, provides customers with a unique and affordable way to print and frame personal digital photos. Fracture specializes in printing photos onto canvas or glass.
- The HopeFULL Company, based in Hopkins, Minnesota, provides nutritious meal solutions for cancer patients and children who have a difficult time consuming the nutrients their bodies need.
- Veel Hoedon, based in Pella, Iowa, is a co-working space and business incubator that provides an environment for idea exchange.
- Infomedia, based in Birmingham, Alabama, is an internet pioneer founded in 1994 that helps businesses integrate internet resources in their business. To date, the website design and marketing agency has developed more than one thousand websites and created custom online solutions for clients in a wide range of industries, including retail, real estate, construction, professional services and transportation.
The five office makeovers will take place throughout the summer and progress will be posted on www.myturnstone.com.
Turnstone is a Steelcase Inc. brand inspired by the spirit of small business. The company designs solutions that help create great work environments that are easy to own and exhilarating to use. We provide ideas and attainable solutions that help our customers stay focused on what’s most important to them – their exciting journey through business and life. Running a small business is hard enough— having a great space to work in should be easy. For more information, visit www.myturnstone.com.