ALISO VIEJO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) – Regardless of where email is stored – in the cloud, on premises, or in other data silos – organizations must be able to find and recover it to meet legal, organizational or end-user requirements. Further, migrations to new email platforms, such as Office 365, present a risk that sensitive or mission-critical emails may get lost, deleted or corrupted. Quest Software helps organizations recover and discover email data across multiple environments, helping them to avoid potentially costly distractions or business disruptions.
Tweet This: @Quest extends Office 365 #cloud migration leadership to post-migration management; fast, easy email discovery is an added bonus. http://bit.ly/LTasD5
- Quest Software today announces Quest® Recovery Manager for Exchange – Discovery Edition, which recovers email and performs email discovery across multiple data silos, including on-premises or in the cloud.
- Recovery Manager for Exchange – Discovery Edition makes Exchange recovery and email discovery fast and easy, without requiring a dedicated recovery server. Using a single console, message-level data can be found and retrieved from Exchange backups or Office 365 in minutes.
- Recovery Manager uses intelligent search capabilities based on sender, recipient, date, attachment type, subject, message keyword or attachment keyword. This information enables IT staff to compare the contents of an online mailbox with a backup mailbox to identify any differences.
Quest’s Unique Email Recovery and Email Discovery Solution Delivers Migration Benefits
- While competing products perform either email recovery or email discovery, Recovery Manager for Exchange – Discovery Edition facilitates email discovery for legal inquiries or internal investigations and recovers lost or corrupted emails during an Exchange or Office 365 migration, or post-migration. Recovery Manager performs email discovery tasks with the same type of search, and can export data in a variety of formats to ease the ongoing management of post-migration environments.
- Recovery Manager for Exchange – Discovery Edition supports email discovery across on-premises Exchange and Office 365 environments. This email discovery solution also saves time, as it doesn’t need to be installed and collecting data prior to a legal mandate. Recovery Manager can be utilized once a request for email content is made, and then will search the organization’s email repositories regardless of whether they are in on-premises Exchange or in Office 365.
- Failure to optimize management of a newly migrated environment is a common pitfall for many organizations. Quest’s Recovery Manager complements the company’s robust portfolio of solutions designed to ensure successful migrations from start to finish, including the ability to provide the highest levels of compliance, availability and security.
Steve Dickson, senior vice president and general manager, Windows
Server Management, Quest Software
“Whether driven by an email discovery mandate or to recover email lost during a migration, Quest has recognized the need for IT organizations to perform recovery and email discovery of email regardless of where it’s located. This understanding is at the heart of Recovery Manager for Exchange – Discovery Edition. This is another testament to Quest’s commitment to providing easy to use, best-in-class solutions.”
Michael Osterman, president, Osterman Research, Inc.
“Email storage is growing by leaps and bounds in organizations of every size. Quest understands the importance not only of recovering email data lost or damaged during a migration project, but also the absolutely essential need to have the capability of pulling data quickly and easily for an e-discovery request. Every company must have a solution that assists with email discovery to satisfy legal obligations in a timely manner. Quest offers a significant cost savings with a solution that does both. “
In Related news, Quest Alleviates Windows 7 Migration Challenges
- Furthering its overall migration leadership, Quest has announced a unique combination of the Quest® ChangeBASE™ and Asset Manager solutions in its User Workspace Management portfolio to alleviate the challenges of Windows 7 deployments.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.