NEW YORK & WILTON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ruckus Media Group, the global children’s digital media company, today announced the release of the Ruckus Reader, a breakthrough learning program for the iPad featuring digital storybooks that provides parents with personalized feedback on their child’s reading experience. The Ruckus Reader is designed to help young children practice important reading skills and develop a love of reading with characters they love. Moreover, it addresses the needs of parents and caregivers with weekly Reader Meter e-mail reports and an online dashboard that provides details of their child’s progress.
“Mobile devices have created an enticing world of entertainment and convenience, but at the same time, they have created new challenges for parents,” said Rick Richter, CEO, Ruckus Media Group. “We are trying to make sense of all the options available to children in a digital age and strive to understand when screen time is delivering real educational value. With children gravitating to interactive technologies and content at an early age, it is critical to embed reading fundamentals in these new formats. The Ruckus Reader offers a smart, simple solution.”
The Ruckus Reader is the first library of mobile apps to deliver a safe and interactive learning environment filled with iReaders (digital storybook titles), e-Readers (e-books), vidReaders (narrated video books) and activities for children to enjoy without leaving the library. Ruckus iReaders feature well-loved characters such as Hasbro’s MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS brands and The Wiggles, as well as activities designed to appeal to the creative learner, the science lover, the mathematician and the music enthusiast and more with content from Crayola, SeaWorld, Dino Dan, Cyberchase and VeggieTales.
Developed by educational experts, the Ruckus Reader is designed to match age-appropriate standards determined by the Common Core State Standards. Featuring a revolving library of interactive digital storybooks, the Ruckus Reader:
- Engages the parent and/or caregiver with a weekly Reader Meter report that assesses their child’s in-app reading skills, such as phonics and word recognition, print awareness, fluency, alphabetic knowledge, sequencing and story comprehension in real time.
- Offers a collection of more than 15 iReaders from award-winning, best-selling children’s books with 20 new titles and activities added to the Ruckus Reader library every month.
- Includes more than 15 top children’s books in e-book format for endless story time, such as Curious George from respected children’s publisher Houghton Mifflin, with additional titles arriving monthly.
- Celebrates a child’s successes with parent engagement and provides recommendations and practical tips for parents.
- Provides the right book at the right time as each series features three different reading levels, appropriate for emergent, beginning and independent readers.
- Features integrated, age-appropriate learning activities and games within the context of each story to further the plot.
The Ruckus Reader App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
To learn more about Ruckus Reader, please visit www.RuckusReader.com.
About Ruckus Media Group
Ruckus Media Group introduces traditional storytelling for today’s ways of telling stories by creating applications for mobile devices that entertain toddlers to teens from their fingers to their minds, at home or on the road—and invite their imaginations to grow. Launched in September 2010, Ruckus is now home to 17 children’s interactive storybooks, including the #1 iTunes best-selling and Mom’s Choice Gold Award winner “My Little Pony: Twilight Sparkle, Teacher for a Day,” based on the ever-popular Hasbro toy characters; Parents’ Choice and Mom’s Choice Award winners “Spot the Dot” by pop-up legend David A. Carter, and “Chuck & Friends: Friends for the Long Haul;” About.com Readers’ Choice Award winner and Best App Award finalist “A Present for Milo,” written and illustrated by Mike Austin; “The Velveteen Rabbit: Told by Meryl Streep” and other read-play-and-record-along classic animated storybook apps; and forthcoming projects with Hasbro, Crayola, SeaWorld, The Wiggles, Cyberchase, Dino Dan and other beloved brands. For a full listing of titles and additional information, see our website and the Ruckus Media Group iTunes page and follow Ruckus on Facebook and Twitter.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50238502&lang=en