SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TechSoup Global (www.techsoupglobal.org) and the Network of Nonprofit Technology Solution Providers (NNTSP) are combining their influential, complementary networks to escalate the building of increased technology capacity in the nonprofit sector. TechSoup Global’s 80+ technology product donation programs, local community-innovation teams and volunteers, and broad reach into the nonprofit sector, combined with the hands-on expertise of the NNTSP members in such areas of nonprofit technology as IT planning, cloud computing, websites, and infrastructure support, will together deliver innovative solutions to accelerate nonprofits’ missions.
This partnership facilitates deepening the effectiveness of TechSoup Global’s broad technology product donation offerings. Members of the NNTSP will apply expertise from their staff, partners, and volunteers and market intelligence from their direct services to nonprofits to innovate services and solutions to help nonprofits optimize and transform their work through the use of technology. Through this strategic alliance with TechSoup Global, the NNTSP also joins forces with the TechSoup Global Network of partners working to build nonprofit tech capacity in 38 countries around the world.
The Network of Nonprofit Technology Solution Providers spans the United States. Members include Aidmatrix (www.aidmatrix.org), npCloud (www.npcloud.org), NPower Charlotte (www.npowercharlotteregion.org), NPower Delaware (www.npowerde.org), NPower Indiana (www.npowerin.org), NPower Northwest (www.npowernw.org), NPower Pennsylvania (www.npowerpa.org), TechBridge (www.techbridge.org), and 501cTECH (www.501ctech.org). TechSoup Global, headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in Warsaw, Poland, and London, UK, provides nonprofits and social benefit organizations around the world with donated technology products and educational resources. Each of these nonprofits has decades of experience delivering and managing technology solutions for other nonprofit organizations.
The NNTSP members have many nonprofit capacity-building innovations, including:
- NPower Charlotte’s Project Ignite (projectignite.npowercharlotteregion.org/), funded by the Knight Foundation, which created technology capacity in community-based nonprofits in North Carolina through an innovative three-year initiative.
- NPower NW is a partner in the Tech Assessment Project (www.npowernw.org/our-services/tech-assessment-project) that provides small poverty-alleviation nonprofits with tech planning and strategy development. It is supported by Microsoft, Google, Points of Light Foundation, and the AmeriCorps VISTA program.
- 501cTECH has been a pioneer in introducing cloud computing to nonprofits of all sizes, particularly in the healthcare and human services field.
- Techbridge is noted for its Corporate Partner Program that enables highly skilled corporate technology professionals to assist nonprofits with a variety of technology issues.
- NPower Indiana also partners with the technology industry through its Byte Night, which raises funds to assist community-based nonprofits with tech planning and ongoing support.
- Aidmatrix’s supply chain management software helps 35,000+ partners mobilize $1.5 billion in aid annually across the world and assist nonprofits in moving to cloud computing.
- NPower PA partners with the local business community to provide ITWorks, a program that offers job training in technology skills for at-risk youth.
“This partnership brings together a group of organizations with a common mission — helping the nonprofit sector make the best use of technology. We are very excited about the opportunity to bring national and international resources to our local market,” said Julie Chapman, president and CEO of 501cTECH, a NNTSP member.
“TechSoup Global has pioneered a fast-growing, vibrant global network of NGOs focused on capacity building in the nonprofit sector around the world. Our new partnership with NNTSP increases the domestic depth and breadth of our technology-centric service offerings for capacity building in the United States and complements similar strengths in our network internationally. Combining NNTSP’s hands-on experience and technical capabilities with TechSoup Global’s resources and reach will bring sustainability to the network, help drive innovation in the sector, particularly in the area of cloud computing, and increase nonprofits’ ability to optimize their use of technology,” said Rebecca Masisak, Co-CEO at TechSoup Global.
Upcoming initiatives include Aidmatrix products on TechSoup.org, a safe night app, and the npvault launch in mid-April.
About TechSoup Global
TechSoup Global (www.techsoupglobal.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working towards the day when every nonprofit, library, and social benefit organization on the planet has the technology knowledge and resources it needs to operate at its full potential. TechSoup Global was founded in 1987 on the belief that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Today, it has over 200 employees, an annual budget of US$30 million, and operates programs in Africa, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East through a network of independent capacity-building non-governmental organizations. With support of leading technology companies, including Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, and Symantec, TechSoup Global and its network have reached more than 167,000 organizations, distributed more than 8.7 million technology products, and enabled recipients in 38 countries to save more than US$2.9 billion in IT expenses. For more information about technology donations and resources for U.S.-based nonprofits and public libraries, visit www.techsoup.org.
About Network of Nonprofit Technology Solution Providers
The network is made up of a group of leading nonprofit providers of technology solutions across the U.S. that were part of the highly collaborative NPower team for the past decade. While each organization is a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in a different geographic market, they have common missions and have joined together to create greater impact.