LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The viewers have spoken, and just a few hours after the Giants were awarded the Super Bowl XLVI title, Hulu AdZone users have named this year’s Super Bowl commercial winners.
Between Star Wars and Ferris Bueller, it seems nostalgia was the real winner this year. Of the ads that ran during game time, Honda’s “Matthew’s Day Off” just narrowly edged out Volkswagen’s “The Dog Strikes Back.” Bueller ultimately beat the Dog, but only by a hair, and the overall most liked ad on Hulu AdZone was Volkswagen’s “The Bark Side” preview ad.
The votes have been tallied across the Super Bowl ads currently on Hulu’s AdZone 2012. Votes were counted as of 11:00 pm PT Sunday, Feb. 5 / 2:00 am ET Monday, Feb. 6.
This year, Hulu teamed up with Ad Age and Toyota to build the ultimate Super Bowl commercial experience for AdZone, featuring the best Big Game ads of all time.
Please see below for the top results across categories including “Overall Most Liked Ads,” “Funniest Ads,” “Best Celebrity Cameo,” and “Cutest Critters”. To revisit these ads or for more details, check out Hulu AdZone 2012.
And don’t forget to check out Hulu’s very own Super Bowl 2012 ad starring Will Arnett – “Huluboratory Extra Mushy Edition”.
Catch the catchphrase? Beginning at 9am PST / noon EST, Monday, February 6, be sure to follow @HuluPlus on Twitter. We will reveal all of @ArnettWill's famous sound bites on the hour, every hour.
Note: Voting is dynamic – votes and winners reflected here are current as of 11pm PT / 2am ET on Sunday, Feb. 5, and include preview ads released online prior to game day.
Overall Most Liked Ads
1. Volkswagen: The Bark Side Teaser
2. Honda: Matthew's Day Off - Extended
3. Volkswagen: The Dog Strikes Back
4. Skechers: GOrun Mr. Quiggly
7. M&M's: It's That Kind of Party
10. Acura: Transactions - Extended
Best Celebrity Cameo
1. Will Arnett – Hulu Plus: Huluboratory Extra Mushy Edition
2. Matthew Broderick – Honda: Matthew’s Day Off Extended
3. Jerry Seinfeld – Acura: Transactions
4. Adriana Lima – Kia: Optima
5. David Beckham – H&M: David Beckham Bodywear
2. Volkswagen: The Dog Strikes Back
4. Volkswagen: The Bark Side Teaser
5. Careerbuilder.com: Business Trip
2. M&M's: It's That Kind of Party
4. H&M: David Beckham Bodywear
5. Budweiser: Eternal Optimism
2. Budweiser: Eternal Optimism
Hulu Plus Super Bowl Ad
Hulu Plus - Huluboratory Extra Mushy Edition
Hulu AdZone on Hulu and Hulu Plus
@Hulu Plus on Twitter (#mushymush)
Hulu is an online TV service whose mission is to help people find and enjoy the world's premium content when, where and how they want it. As we pursue this mission, we aspire to create a service that users, advertisers and content owners unabashedly love. Hulu was founded in 2007 and is operated independently by a dedicated team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Tokyo and Beijing. NBCUniversal, News Corporation, The Walt Disney Company, Providence Equity Partners, and the Hulu team share in the ownership of the company. (www.hulu.com)