LOS ALTOS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced significant corporate performance milestones in 2011, fueled by increased industry demand for open source integration solutions, and marked by accelerated growth of its enterprise customer base, cutting-edge product development and continued contributions to the community. Heading into 2012, Talend is ideally positioned to further extend and consolidate its position as the leading provider of enterprise-grade open source integration solutions.
“In 2011, Talend successfully morphed from a pure-play data management vendor into the only recognized provider of holistic – and truly unified – integration solutions, bringing open, innovative and cost effective solutions to companies of all sizes and helping them to democratize integration,” said Bertrand Diard, co-founder and CEO. “Our open source DNA remained strong as we moved along this path, and we are extremely proud of Talend’s renewed investment and contribution to the open source community. As major shifts toward Cloud computing and Big Data overlay the strong markets of integration, analytics and data governance at an even accelerating speed, Talend’s leadership position allows us to provide the best solutions to underpin these architectures and compete in the broad integration market.”
2011 Adoption and Growth
In 2011, Talend realized a 103 percent year-on-year growth over 2010, confirming the penetration of open source integration in companies of all sizes, from the largest enterprises to the mid-market. In the last 12 months, Talend significantly increased its paying customer base to 3,500 enterprises worldwide, up from 2,000 at the beginning of 2011, while total downloads of its open source products reached 20 million, accounting for more than 950,000 users.
Talend maintained a rapid pace of innovation and vision in 2011 – the first full year following Talend’s acquisition of open source application integration vendor Sopera – with major releases and successful investments in integration. In a market increasingly driven toward convergence, Talend embarked on a journey to extend its data management capabilities and provide the extensive integration that enterprises require today. The result has been a significant broadening and improvement of Talend’s product and technology portfolio, including:
- Talend Unified Platform – The company’s unified integration platform technology foundation, which changed the market landscape by bringing together data management and application integration in the industry’s first, integrated solution. Based on a flexible, open architecture, the Talend Unified Platform allows customers to rapidly take advantage of more applications and data resources than ever before.
- Talend version 5 – Bringing together all Talend products into a single, holistic integration solution for the enterprise. Talend v5 includes deployment tools, connectors and components that specifically enable hybrid cloud integration environments and natively harness the power of Hadoop and other Big Data platforms.
- Enterprise Service Bus – No longer restricted to large enterprise IT, Talend continued to democratize the integration market by making the ESB more affordable, accessible and easier to use with the addition of open source Talend Open Studio for ESB and enterprise-grade Talend Enterprise ESB.
- Business Process Management – Delivered through an OEM partnership with BonitaSoft, a leading provider of open source BPM solutions, Talend Enterprise BPM enables users to integrate business workflows into their existing application and data infrastructure while benefiting from a holistic integration solution.
Proven OEM Success
In October, the company expanded its OEM Partner Program to help software vendors and SaaS providers embed enterprise-grade open source integration technologies in their offerings. With the “Powered by Talend” program, partners can leverage all components of Talend’s holistic integration solutions, adding technologies such as Big Data management, master data management (MDM) and ESB to the data integration and data quality technologies, and use them in combination or standalone. To date, more than 30 software vendors and SaaS providers have become OEM partners of Talend, driven by the need to provide consistent, timely and clean data across their solutions, and to integrate these solutions with other systems and applications.
In addition to corporate, customer and product successes, Talend continued to expand its global community footprint through a number of initiatives, including:
- Launching the Talend Community Coders program, recognizing Talend employees who are actively contributing to open source projects, and enabling community members and contributors to engage and discuss their work on open source projects.
- Becoming an Apache Software Foundation sponsor, reaffirming its commitment to open source, as its sponsorship of the non-profit foundation helps aid organizational, legal and financial support for a broad range of Apache licensed projects.
- Continuing to grow and nurture a team of contributors and committers to key open source projects. Today, Talend engineers are involved in 16 Apache projects – 11 more than one year ago – and are responsible for more commits into these projects than any other commercial entity.
- Joining the Java Community Process (JCP), to actively get involved in the next version of the JAX-RS specification which defines REST and the APIs that developers use to build Java-based RESTful applications.
- Extending its commitment to open communities as a Strategic Developer Member of the Eclipse Foundation, a Corporate Member of OW2, and active involvement in projects including OASIS and Data Publica.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry analysts and the media credited Talend in 2011 as a technology visionary with great promise for continued success and innovation, underscoring Talend’s leadership position in the unified integration market:
- Recognized by Gartner, Inc. as a “Visionary” in two key reports – the “Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools” report and the “Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools” report.
- Recognized by Gartner, Inc. as a “Cool Vendor” in the “Cool Vendors in Application and Integration Platforms, 2011” report.
- Honored by IDG’s InfoWorld as a recipient of the Best of Open Source Software awards (Bossies) for the third consecutive year.
- Nominated by leading UK newspaper, The Telegraph, to its “Telegraph Tech Start-Up 100 Class of 2011”.
- Recognized by Lead411 as one of the “Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley”.
- Selected by Everything Channel’s CRN Magazine as a 2011 Emerging Technology Vendor.
- Ranked by the The Momentum Index as number one out of 96 venture-backed open source software companies.
Talend is the recognized market leader in open source integration solutions. The company’s holistic integration platform helps organizations minimize costs and maximize the value of data integration, ETL, data quality, master data management, application integration and business process management, while supporting their shift toward the Cloud and Big Data. More than 3,500 paying customers worldwide, including eBay, ING, The Weather Channel, Deutsche Post and Allianz, subscribe to Talend’s solutions and services. With over twenty million downloads, Talend’s products are the most trusted integration solutions in the world. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. For more information, please visit http://www.talend.com.