REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--YuMe, the operating system for TV 2.0, today announced Ad Visibility capabilities to guarantee that brand marketers’ video ads are always visible to viewers, eliminating wasted impressions and ensuring higher ROI on their ad spend.
Using YuMe’s ACE Relevance Engine, which collects detailed information about the in-page environment of the video player, YuMe’s Ad Visibility technology automatically determines the viewing area, detects the player size, pinpoints player coordinates relative to the viewing area, and intelligently delivers a contextually relevant video ad. This integrated viewport detection technology ensures that video ads are served only when the video players are within the viewer’s sight.
According to Radar Research, up to 50 percent of all ad impressions are never seen by the intended audience.i Inclusion of unseen impressions in campaign reporting results in inaccurate metrics. YuMe’s Ad Visibility technology eliminates waste and delivers accurate brand engagement metrics to marketers.
“Ad Visibility technology is not only critical for advertisers to run successful video ad campaigns in which their ads are always visible, it is also necessary to provide advertisers and publishers with accurate brand performance metrics,” said Jayant Kadambi, YuMe CEO. “The Connected Audience Network is the only video ad network in the market that delivers all the essentials of video advertising for brands.”
YuMe’s Connected Audience Network, powered by ACE technology, enables YuMe to effectively deliver visible video content across multiple screens—online, mobile, and connected TV—and provides advertisers with real-time targeting, measurement, and optimization tools to accurately track campaign performance.
YuMe’s video advertising essentials for brands include:
- Ad visibility assurance: YuMe’s viewport detection solution guarantees that no impressions will go unseen, so every video ad impression truly extends reach and brand awareness.
- Brand-safe distribution: YuMe ensures ads are associated with safe content to protect brand equity. Since video ad players are portable, YuMe’s brand security measures follow the video player wherever it goes to guarantee protection.
- Cross-screen compatibility: YuMe enables marketers to reach any screen their customers are viewing, be it a computer, mobile device, or connected TV. Moreover, advertisers can build their YuMe Ads just once and run them on all screens.
- Premium, 100% in-stream video inventory: User-initiated, well-lit video ad placements on quality publisher properties and applications yield high brand impact and optimal branding opportunities.
- Video ad placement on professionally-produced content: YuMe ensures that the brand message is always paired with high-quality video content for brand credibility. Ads are never placed next to user-generated video content.
- Highly interactive video ad units: Socially rich ad units drive brand awareness, favorability, recall, and purchase intent for immediate brand engagement.
- Advanced, guaranteed audience targeting: YuMe delivers ads to the right audience using a variety of targeting techniques to meet audience guarantees, ensure relevance, and maximize brand favorability.
- Powerful analytics for brand performance optimization: YuMe provides instant, actionable insight into video ad campaign performance across all connected devices.
YuMe is the software infrastructure provider powering digital video and the next generation of television with its operating system for TV 2.0. Its video advertising technology and services seamlessly connect advertisers, app developers, content distributors, consumer electronics manufacturers, and publishers across the globe. YuMe's patent-pending Relevance Engine powers its premium in-stream video ad network, the YuMe Connected Audience Network, and its industry-leading advertising management solutions, ACE for Publishers and ACE for Advertisers. The YuMe Relevance Engine matches the right ad to the right audience on whatever screen they are viewing—PC, mobile, or connected TV. YuMe is a privately held company headquartered in Redwood City, CA with its European headquarters in London. The company is backed by Accel Partners, BV Capital, DAG Ventures, Intel Capital, Khosla Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Samsung Ventures, and Translink Capital. For more information, visit www.YuMe.com, follow @YuMevideo on Twitter (www.twitter.com/YuMevideo), or like YuMe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/YuMevideo.
i Identifying and Combating Fraud Optimize Ad Network Buys by Marissa Gluck. Radar Research. http://servedby.adxpose.com/images/marketing/IdentifyingAndCombatingFraud.pdf