ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kronos Incorporated today unveiled a revolutionary new time clock, the Kronos® InTouch™, which will reshape the way organizations think about, and employees interact with, their workforce management solutions.
The first time clock built for today’s modern workforce, InTouch is
designed around five guiding principles:
- Unrivaled user experience: While traditional time clocks rely on physical buttons, small displays, and fixed menus, InTouch combines the latest in hardware technology with a powerful user interface to deliver an unrivaled user experience. Its color touch screen, graphical interface, and language hot keys deliver an unprecedented level of personalization which results in faster employee adoption and increased productivity.
- Seamless integration: With robust self-service capabilities, InTouch enables employees to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules all in real-time, unlocking the value of an organization’s existing workforce management solution. In addition, InTouch can be configured to prevent punching outside scheduled start and stop times and can provide an attestation solution for employees to sign off on the accuracy of their timecard. These unique capabilities make InTouch a valuable tool for helping to protect against wage and hour lawsuits.
- Built for the cloud: The first time clock built for the cloud, InTouch works securely and easily over the internet and through firewalls. Built on proven industry standards, InTouch devices can securely communicate with a private cloud provided by Kronos cloud services or with an existing enterprise cloud. InTouch devices are administrated, monitored, and controlled centrally allowing for easy and secure web-based management of data collection anytime. Users can record their time, check vacation days, or touch a call assistance option to dial a predefined telephone support number and ask questions via a built-in microphone and speaker.
- Extensible: During non-peak hours, most time clocks sit idle. InTouch enables organizations to use the device for other functions including opening maintenance tickets, checking sales or census data, executing an employee survey, or delivering a message to employees via video. In addition, Kronos empowers users to create their own applications and share them via the Kronos InTouch App Platform, the industry’s first and only application platform devoted to improving the productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Rock solid: With more than 30 years in the business, nobody knows time clocks like Kronos. The InTouch has been put through extensive testing to ensure that it can withstand the harshest of environments.
- InTouch is generally available today in Chinese (traditional and simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“More than 30 years ago, Kronos introduced the first automated time clock and forever changed the way millions of people work each day. Today, with the introduction of InTouch, we are changing the game all over again. We are incredibly excited to bring this transformative new technology to organizations around the world who want to revolutionize the way they manage their workforce.”
Brandon Ermers, application developer, Briggs & Stratton Corporation
“We enjoy the look of the InTouch and find it very easy to use. The next generation functionality performs reliably and enables us to gain more value from our workforce management solution – as expected of a quality Kronos device.”
Mark Beattie, head of information technology, London Waste
“We have been using InTouch in some of the harshest conditions possible and are thoroughly satisfied with its performance. It is also remarkably intuitive. Our employees are finding it easy and fun to use and we are seeing the benefits of having the very latest in timekeeping technology.”
John Meersman, chief information officer and director of IT,
National Frozen Foods
“The feedback I have gotten on the InTouch is that it is as enjoyable to use as it is to look at. When I first saw it, I thought of the creativeness of the iPhone/iPad. It is a truly cool technology and will help with our self-service initiatives. We configured our clock for multiple languages and found this to be an easy and intuitive process. We’ve enjoyed participating in the beta and look forward to being an early adopter.”
Sarah Ney, systems analyst, Island Hospital
“In our complex environment, we have many employees in various roles using the time clock. They have all found InTouch to be very easy and intuitive to use. In addition, we are excited about the added functionality and the ways we can use it to extend the value of our workforce management solution.”
Lisa Rowan, program director, HR, talent, and learning strategies,
“I was impressed with Kronos’ new InTouch time clock. It looks more like a modern GPS or mobile device than like a time clock. Organizations will be able to unlock new value from workforce management by taking advantage of Kronos’ innovations in user experience.”
Mark Smith, CEO and chief research officer, Ventana Research
“The importance of simplifying workforce management and making it easier to get access to worker information is critical for organizations. The new Kronos InTouch modernizes the time clock to be a point of employee self service along with tracking time at work and advances into the next generation of workforce management.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks™, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Orlando.
- For more information regarding Kronos solutions call (800) 225-1561.
- To see a cartoon related to this topic, visit: http://timewellspent.kronos.com/.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks11 on Twitter.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and InTouch is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.