SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO), the premier digital media company, today launched several new mobile, tablet, and PC experiences that empower its 700 million monthly visitors to seamlessly discover, engage, and share the media and content that's most important to them. From a new tablet app that tailors news, sports, and entertainment publications, to new ways of connecting with friends while watching TV, Yahoo! is delivering products that enable people to have more deeply personal digital experiences.
"Hundreds of millions of people rely on Yahoo! every day, yet no two users are alike," said Blake Irving, EVP and chief product officer at Yahoo!, from a press event at the company's Sunnyvale headquarters. "Today's product launches reaffirm our commitment to personalize experiences across devices. By building these products on top of our powerful platforms with beautiful interactive design, we are getting closer to a truly 'personal Web' for every Yahoo! customer."
The products introduced today bring together years of Yahoo!'s scientific research, technical innovations, and cutting-edge platforms with compelling new design formats:
- Livestand from Yahoo! (for iPad): A personalized living magazine, Livestand weaves together content from leading third-party publishers and Yahoo!'s global media network to create a visually stunning and deeply personalized digital experience tailored to each people's interests and passions. Additional details are available in today's accompanying Livestand press release. Available in the United States as a free download from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
- C.O.R.E. + Cocktails Platforms: Livestand builds upon years of Yahoo! innovations, including the C.O.R.E. (content optimization relevance engine) personalization technology and Yahoo!'s new Cocktails platform: Yahoo!’s Mojito, which automatically packages apps for multiple device formats, and Yahoo! Manhattan, which leverages the Yahoo! Cloud to distribute apps and content globally in minutes.
- IntoNow from Yahoo! (for iPad): IntoNow, the app that makes watching TV more engaging, social, and fun with the touch of a button, is now available for iPad users. IntoNow identifies what people are watching, whether live or recorded; shows related content and personalized recommendations; and enables discussions with friends. IntoNow from Yahoo! is available in the United States for free download from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore
- Yahoo! Weather (for Android): Yahoo! brings weather to life with beautiful photos that correspond to location, time of day, and current weather conditions. Photos are powered by the Flickr community, with a crowdsourcing effort launching at http://flickr.com/projectweather to create a global weather image library. Available as a free download in the Android Market in 35 languages and 63 countries.
- Yahoo! Mail (for iPad): Yahoo! Mail offers people a rich, vivid entry point on tablet web browsers for viewing unread emails from their contacts as well as personalized news, local weather, and Trending Now videos. Available in the United States at http://mail.yahoo.com on iPad devices.
- New Social Features on Yahoo!: Three new social features expand upon Yahoo! News activity and encourage social discovery and navigation of content through the lens of people’s friends. Conversations enable people to have small group conversations within Yahoo! News. Notifications will inform people of activity on Yahoo! that interests them. The Social Sentiment Slider is a news-driven social opinion poll that connects brands to the conversations that matter to people. The Social Sentiment Slider is available in the United States on Yahoo! News now. Conversations and Notifications will be available in the coming weeks.
For more information about Yahoo!’s new products and features, visit our company blog, Yodel Anecdotal, at yodel.yahoo.com.
Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) is the premier digital media company, creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. And Yahoo!'s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo! is the trademark and/or registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50053366&lang=en