ONEONTA, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ioxus, Inc., a manufacturer of premium performance ultracapacitor technology for transportation, alternative energy, medical, industrial and consumer product markets, today announced the unveiling of its first 16V/58F iMOD™ series of ultracapacitor modules that provides the high performance, high efficiency and high reliability the energy storage market needs as it continues to grow. In addition, the 16V/58F iMOD series cuts development time by delivering a ready-to-use package at the lowest cost in the industry.
With the increase in adoption of hybrid drives and clean technologies, there is a high demand for more rugged, compact and lower priced ultracapacitor modules with improved cell balancing. Ioxus is committed to providing this technology through its 16V/58F iMOD modules for wind turbine pitch control, starting systems, automotive subsystems, backup power/UPS/ride through and power conditioning for renewable energy systems.
Key features and benefits of the 16V/58 iMOD modules include:
- 16V working voltage sized to parallel with or replace common battery sizes.
- Individually balanced cells that eliminate the need to custom design management and packaging strategies for the largest markets.
- Threaded, protected terminals that are easy to install, monitor and maintain.
- Strong environmental protection for commercial and industrial applications.
- Short module walls with short screws required for mounting, easy installation and removal of screws, and improved thermal performance.
- Low ESR with better constant current, higher power density and higher efficiency than market competition.
- Rugged design of six solder points near cell circumference for stability and an extra thick circuit board for rigidity.
- Molded-in part number that is not easily removed.
- Standard architecture that fits within the footprint of other modules on the market.
Unlike market competition, Ioxus has performed the necessary compliance standards required with all UL94-V0 materials for the 16V/58F iMOD modules to be used in stationary and mobile applications. These tests include RoHS, UL810a pending, Vibration IEC60068-2-6, Shock IEC60068-2-27, -29 and Random Drop MIL-STD-202G METHOD 203C.
“As the alternative energy industry accelerates, new technologies and players continue to enter the market,” said Mark McGough, CEO of Ioxus. “Ultracapacitor-based systems reign above other energy storage technologies because they deliver the highest efficiency, require the least amount of management, survive the widest temperature range, have 1,000 times the cycle life and deliver two to four times the calendar life of competing battery technologies. Our release of the 16V/58F iMOD modules confirms that Ioxus is at the forefront of providing innovative ultracapacitor cells and modules at a price point the industry can appreciate and afford.”
The 16V/58F iMOD ultracapacitor module series is available immediately. For more information on pricing, please contact email@example.com.
About Ioxus, Inc.
Ioxus manufactures premium performance ultracapacitor technology for transportation, alternative energy, medical, industrial and consumer product markets. The company offers the highest power and energy density ultracapacitors and hybrid capacitors ranging in size from 100 Farads to 5,000 Farads. Ioxus ultracapacitors have two to three times higher power compared to other ultracapacitors, with smaller, lighter weight modules and systems. Its family of ultracapacitors is uniquely optimized for high performance with low resistance, ideal for delivering high power bursts for acceleration, energy recapture, peak load shaving and high power applications. Ioxus is headquartered in Oneonta, N.Y. For more information, visit www.ioxus.com.