ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SharePoint Conference 2011 – Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced that RAND Corporation, a nonprofit institution that helps improve policy and decision-making through research and analysis, has replaced their third-party SharePoint backup and recovery tool with Recovery Manager for SharePoint. The move ensures reliable backups and faster content recovery for the organization’s SharePoint sites, where approximately 3,000 researchers house materials for clients and collaborate on research projects.
Tweet This: Quest Recovery Manager for SharePoint Simplifies, Speeds SharePoint Backup & Recovery for RAND Corporation http://bit.ly/q7M9dM #qSharePoint
- According to RAND, for every hour their SharePoint system is disrupted, the company has the potential to lose thousands of dollars. If specific content goes missing and can’t be restored quickly, researchers risk missing deadlines for delivering the materials they were hired to produce for their clients, who range from health care providers and government organizations, to education institutions and professional associations. If the research is lost completely without the ability to restore, the company risks losing all the man hours and money spent performing and analyzing the research findings.
- The company’s previous SharePoint solution, provided by a third-party, caused support staff to spend countless hours trying to recover data that, in some cases, was never fully restored. This, coupled with insufficient helpdesk support, caused the entire SharePoint backup and restore process to be arduous and time-consuming. In addition, their former product was not compatible with SharePoint 2010 without a costly upgrade – a significant drawback for an organization with a fast-approaching SharePoint 2010 migration project.
- Quest helped tackle the challenges facing RAND Corporation by delivering a simplified, fast and reliable SharePoint backup solution with limited impact on time, resources and system performance. The organization rolled out the Recovery Manager for SharePoint search interface to a broader support staff, allowing more people to perform restores without having to rely on DBAs and system managers and, ultimately, enabling the team to restore items for the research teams much quicker.
- With the product’s easy-to-use search and restore user interface, what used to take staff up to 16 hours to respond to restore requests now only takes a few hours. Actual restore times went from 8-12 hours down to just 1-4 hours. Plus, with world-class and award-winning ACE support, Quest Software could provide RAND Corporation with the high-quality customer service they were looking for.
Adrian Salas, senior systems engineer, RAND Corporation:
“We needed a flexible product that was cost-effective and met functional performance and reliability requirements. Quest Recovery Manager for SharePoint met those needs, plus offered the unique advantage of reading native SQL backups versus duplicating backup data, which is what other products on the market typically do. This saved us a lot of money in storage costs associated with our SharePoint backups alone.”
“While excellent product support was a key criteria for choosing a new SharePoint recovery solution, my interaction with Quest support thus far has been very minimal – which is a true testament to the product. Recovery Manager for SharePoint is a simple, streamlined solution.”
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- Recovery Manager for SharePoint: http://www.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-sharepoint/
- SharePoint backup: http://www.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-sharepoint/
- Quest SharePoint swap-out program details: www.Quest.com/UpgradeDocAvetoQuest
- Administration and automation: http://www.quest.com/administration-and-automation/
- Data protection: http://www.quest.com/data-protection/
- Development and optimization: http://www.quest.com/development-and-optimization/
- Identity and access management: http://www.quest.com/identity-management/
- Migration and consolidation: http://www.quest.com/migration-and-consolidation/
- Performance monitoring: http://www.quest.com/performance-monitoring/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.