RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nephos6, a new technology consulting firm that helps businesses find value in disruptive technologies, today announced a new suite of consulting services for medium to large enterprises and service providers that need a comprehensive strategy simultaneously addressing two critical business transformation trends – IPv6 transition and cloud implementation. Nephos6 President and CEO, Dr. Ciprian Popoviciu, recently spoke on the complementary aspects of IPv6 and cloud technologies at the Texas IPv6 Task Force Fall 2011 IPv6 Summit, held September 15, 2011 on the campus of AT&T Labs in Austin, TX.
Nephos6’s comprehensive service portfolio covers the spectrum of critical business and technology issues facing enterprises and service providers as they address two major, inevitable inflexion points: IPv6 transition and cloud migration. Nephos6 helps businesses prepare and differentiate their products to take advantage of these transitions. As these two technologies converge, the opportunities for business and market growth will be fueled by a cost effective and efficient method to deploy next generation IPv6- and cloud-based services and applications, particularly for cable and telecommunications, healthcare, financial services, energy, and IT product manufacturing industries. To help companies in a successful transition, the service portfolio includes: Education & Training; Strategy, Planning & Assessment; Design, Deployment & Management; and Product Review & Planning services.
With a unique combination of IPv6 and cloud expertise, Nephos6 is one of the first companies in the industry to offer solutions that align business’ IPv6 transition and cloud migration strategies. Nephos6’s approach helps customers avoid missing or having to re-work the benefits of one technology into the implementation of the other. Since the company’s inception in June 2011, Nephos6 has built a significant customer base, which includes leading service providers, large enterprises covering healthcare and education, and IT product companies.
IPv6 is essential to the scalable and efficient deployment of both public and private clouds. Primary examples of IPv6 as key cloud enabler are as follows.
- Addressing Scalability for the Cloud Environment: IPv6 is essential to meeting the scalability requirements of public and large enterprise private clouds. With its vast addressing resources, IPv6 makes it easy to manage the capacity of virtualized resource pools and to enable short create/retire cycles without significant planning and management overhead.
- Address to Resource Mapping: The length of the IPv6 addresses creates the opportunity to assign meaningful addresses to various service types, service levels or device types thus simplifying the operation of both data centers and clouds.
- Control Plane Scalability for the Cloud: To implement the large broadcast domains required by private and public clouds, companies building cloud infrastructure need the more flexible Layer 3 to Layer 2 address mapping of IPv6. Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) storms can disable the network.
Nephos6 Service Portfolio Highlights
- Education & Training: Nephos6 customers receive unparalleled experience per consulting dollar and experience shorter project times and optimal solutions development. Nephos6 provides standardized workshops and hands on courses on IPv6 and cloud technologies delivered by experienced practitioners in IPv6 and cloud. Nephos6 also provides customized training portfolios that combine various delivery models (in person delivery, Web-based delivery, self study material and video) and target audiences (project managers, technical staff, architects and decision makers) to optimally meet the training needs of an organization.
- Strategy, Planning & Assessment: To best address customer specific business needs, Nephos6 delivers vendor independent solutions; this vendor independent approach is critically important to IT investment decisions for strategic inflexion points, such as IPv6 transition and cloud adoption. Nephos6 partners with customers to explore strategic and architectural options for IPv6 and cloud deployment, including: next generation IPv6 network, compute, orchestration, storage, application and security architectures; leveraging existing management tools into the appropriate orchestration architecture for cost savings and transition risk mitigation; and evaluating the types of support required for an overall effective and efficient transition to IPv6 and cloud.
- Design, Deployment & Management: The combination of extensive technology expertise and large scale deployment experience enables Nephos6 to shorten deployment projects without compromising quality. All deployment projects include knowledge transfer to ensure sustainability of the environment by the customer or through managed services.
- Product Review & Planning: Nephos6 helps businesses prepare and differentiate their products to take advantage of the IPv6 and cloud transitions.
With extensive IPv6 and cloud expertise and large scale projects experience, Nephos6 analyzes complex customer requirements for the upcoming IPv6 and cloud transitions. The Nephos6 team is led by well known IPv6 domain experts, Dr. Ciprian Popoviciu, Nephos6 President and CEO, Mr. Yurie Rich, Nephos6 COO, and Mr. Mohamed Khalid, Nephos6 CTO. Each has more than 10 years of experience defining strategy, architecting solutions, developing products, and deploying IPv6 for large service providers and enterprises worldwide, as well as working with governments to define national level and agency level IPv6 strategies and standards. In addition, the Nephos6 team has developed and executed the data center and cloud strategy for some of the world’s leading IT companies. Dr. Popoviciu has authored two IPv6 books, “Deploying IPv6 Networks,” and “Global IPv6 Strategies,” co-authored five IPv6-related Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) RFCs and holds multiple IPv6-related patents. Mr. Khalid co-authored the Cisco Press book, “IPsec VPN Design,” holds nine IPv6 and security related patents and has 24 patents pending.
“With our extensive experience in IPv6 and cloud computing, we have developed a comprehensive suite of services to help enterprise and service provider customers find long term value in taking advantage of both transition events to position their businesses for future opportunities,” said Dr. Ciprian Popoviciu, President and CEO of Nephos6. “Companies that take both transition events into consideration make the most of each while maximizing their IT investment dollar.”
- Nephos6 Website: http://www.nephos6.com/
- Texas IPv6 Task Force Fall 2011 IPv6 Summit: http://www.txv6tf.org/?page_id=593
- Number Resource Organization’s (NRO) Announcement of Free Pool of IPv4 Address Space Depleted: http://www.nro.net/media-center/video-archive-3-february-2011
Join Nephos6 on Facebook, follow Nephos6 on Twitter at @Nephos6 and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/2320586?trk=tyah, and subscribe to the Nephos6 YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/nephos6.
LinkedIn Profiles of Nephos6 Executives
- Dr. Ciprian (Chip) Popoviciu, President and CEO: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ciprian-popoviciu/1/621/901
- Yurie Rich, COO: http://www.linkedin.com/in/yurierich
- Mohamed (Mo) Khalid (CCIE, VCP, CCSK), CTO: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mohamed-khalid/13/366/53b
- John Spence (CCNP, CISSP), VP IP Services: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-spence/10/449/559
- TJ Evans (CCNA, CCSI, CISSP), Director of Engineering: http://www.linkedin.com/in/trejrco
Nephos6 welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference Nephos6 content with proper attribution, for example “source: Nephos6.”
Nephos6, IPv6, IPv6 Training, IPv6 Consulting, IPv6 Deployment, IPv4 Depletion, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Cloud Consulting, Cloud Deployment, Cloud-based Applications, Cloud-based Services, Security, Hybrid Cloud, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, IaaS, ITaaS, Data Storage, Data Center, Texas IPv6 Task Force, TXv6TF, Texas IPv6 Task Force Fall 2011 IPv6 Summit, Number Resource Organization, NRO, DNS, IPv6 Asia
Nephos6 is technology consulting firm that helps businesses find value in disruptive technologies. The company’s comprehensive service portfolio covers the spectrum of critical business issues facing enterprises and services providers as they transition to IPv6 and migrate to cloud computing architectures simultaneously. Founded in June 2011 by well known IPv6 domain and cloud computing experts, Nephos6 is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit www.nephos6.com.