CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SmithBucklin Corporation, the world’s largest association management and professional services company, announced that it acquired Information, Inc., considered to be the supplier of choice for developing quality content for delivery to members of association and corporate markets. The announcement was made by Henry S. Givray, SmithBucklin president and CEO, and Alain Carr, Information, Inc. president and publisher.
- Information, Inc. will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of SmithBucklin and will retain its highly respected brand name and headquarters location in Bethesda, Md.
- Carr will continue as president and publisher of Information, Inc. and will become a member of SmithBucklin’s Corporate Management Team.
- Information, Inc. monitors an extensive range of print and electronic media, totaling almost 8,000 national and international information sources.
- Information, Inc.’s media coverage extends far beyond the U.S. with more than 400 newspapers, magazines and wires services from around the world.
- Information, Inc. recently introduced a Web-based supplier directory that associations can offer to their members as a resource to locate providers of goods and services in their industries. This service is particularly appealing as a good source of non-dues revenue, a recruiting tool for greater supplier involvement in an association and a useful, interactive member service.
Alain Carr, Information, Inc.’s president and publisher
“The opportunities as a result of this acquisition are very compelling because our two companies serve similar client organizations and offer different yet complementary services. SmithBucklin’s market leadership and industry leading practices, combined with Information, Inc.’s ability to deliver compelling content, will enable us to satisfy a broader range of clients while continuing to create a rich array of content services. By any measure, it feels like a perfect fit.”
Henry S. Givray, SmithBucklin’s president and CEO
“We are excited to welcome Information, Inc. to the SmithBucklin family. Information, Inc. has pioneered a uniquely powerful, highly relevant and customizable news service offering that enables organizations to deliver tangible value to their constituencies. The company is a highly respected leader in content development with a 31-year track record of success and a proven business model for serving the association and corporate markets. The potential synergies with SmithBucklin’s service models offer exciting opportunities for both companies.”
About Information, Inc.
Information, Inc. is a content provider serving the association and corporate markets. Founded in 1980 and based in Bethesda, Md., the company produces timely and accurate news summary services for hundreds of client organizations. Since its inception, Information, Inc. has produced more than 1.5 million copyrighted stories. The company also offers a Web-based supplier directory that associations can offer to their members as a resource to locate providers of goods and services in their industries. For more information, please visit www.infoinc.com or call 301-215-4688.
SmithBucklin is the world’s largest association management and professional services company. Founded in 1949, the company provides full-service management and outsourcing services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, Washington, D.C., St. Louis, Old Lyme, Conn., and St. Paul, Minn.
For more information, please visit www.smithbucklin.com or call Aaron Smith at (312) 673-5949.