WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--J.D. Power and Associates and SmartEnergy IP™ announced today that they will present The Smart EV Executive Leadership Forum to address growing opportunities and challenges around the increased adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) and their impact on the smart grid. The conference will bring together leaders from the energy and utility industries as well as stakeholders from the U.S. electric vehicle market, to discuss a plan for future uptake and adoption of EVs as well as identify key objectives and parameters for keeping the grid stable. The forum will also generate a dialogue among attendants about consumer needs – particularly EV owners – and identify new applications and rate structures to help industry and customers adjust to the new EV lifestyle.
The event will include a one day conference on November 7, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in Washington, DC from 8:00AM to 5:30PM, with a Networking Reception to follow.
J.D. Power and Associates will also announce the results of a 2011 Electric Vehicle Early Adopter StudySM during the event.
The forum will comprise presentations and panels addressing the following questions:
- What is the Role of EV in Smart Grid?
- What do utilities need to know to plan for the uptake and adoption of EVs?
- What is the role of connected vehicle technology?
- What types of applications will best help consumers and ecosystem partners alike as they share information to help balance the grid and manage complex billing and charging?
- What can we expect the role of charging stations to be in this discussion?
- What do consumers want from their electric vehicle manufacturers, infrastructure developers and from their utilities in terms of preparing for their new lifestyle?
- What do policymakers need to know about EV adoption and Smart Grid?
- Who are the early buyers of EVs?
- What has their initial experience been like?
For more information about the conference please visit www.smartEV2011.com, or call 215-504-4272.
About J.D. Power and Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company providing forecasting, performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company’s quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies
Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. With leading brands including Standard & Poor’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates, the Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.
About SmartEnergy IP™
SmartEnergy IP™ is a research and consulting organization within SmartMark Communications, LLC that is dedicated to helping utilities communicate the benefits of Smart Grid to customers. SmartMark Communications has over a decade of experience in the energy and utilities customer care domain, helping utilities and suppliers market effectively to customers. To learn more about SmartEnergy IP™ practice, visit www.smartenergy-ip.com.