DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/26195b/nutritional_and_di) has announced the addition of the "Nutritional and Dietary Supplements Market in the US - Opportunities and Future Outlook" report to their offering.
The US continues to be the largest market for nutrients & supplements in the world in terms of retail sales. In 2010, the US nutrition and dietary supplements market reached USD 28.04 billion compared to USD 25.00 billion of 2009. The growth was due to the recovering economy, rising employment level and increase in chronic diseases. Among the various product categories, sales of vitamins and dietary supplements showed a positive growth trend in 2010, and sales contribution of herbal supplements and sports nutrition was the largest. Probiotics is another segment which is expected to generate strong growth in coming years.
In 2010 sale of vitamin D in the US reached USD 369.75 million, 11.55% up from 2009. Demand for sports drinks is rising every year due to a rising focus on fitness as well as the opening of new health clubs and gymnasiums. In the US sales of energy drinks reached USD 6.08 billion in the year 2010.
Rising income levels, aging baby boomers, changing lifestyles, an increased focus on health, high incidences of diseases are some of the factors that are driving the demand for nutrients & supplements in the region. Despite the recession, the industry has shown growth, particularly in the case of herbal, sports and weight loss product categories.
Scope of the report:
- The report gives a detailed analysis of the Nutrients & Supplements industry of the US including insights on market past performance, sales by category and channels, detailed analyses and future outlook of the industry.
- Industry demand trends by segmentation helps to understand reasons of growth and threat from external factors.
- Detailed description of driving factors gives a better understanding of further scope in the industry.
- This research report helps the domestic and international players looking for potential segment in the industry.
- The present industry trends help to know the recent trend which may influence the demand. Further we have mentioned major macro economy factors to give a clear picture of the US economy.
Key Topics Covered:
1. United States Nutrition and Dietary Supplements Market and Forecast
2. The US Herbal Supplement Demand
3. Industry Driving Forces
4. Industry Trends
5. Mocro Economic Factors
6. Players Profiling Companies Mentioned:
- Atrium Innovation
- Mead Johnson
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/26195b/nutritional_and_di