RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In response to the rapid adoption of tablets and smartphones by small and medium sized businesses (SMBs), ShareFile, a leading provider of secure file transfer and full-featured virtual data room solutions that enable companies to exchange large and/or confidential business files, is debuting file sharing applications for Apple iPad, Android tablet and BlackBerry users. Earlier this year, ShareFile launched mobile web and native iPhone and Android phone apps, rounding out its full suite of mobile file-sharing applications.
- ShareFile’s iPad, Android tablet and BlackBerry applications are currently available and are free to download for ShareFile customers.
- All data transmitted between ShareFile’s tablet and smartphone applications and user’s mobile device is encrypted, adding an extra layer of security that’s necessary for sensitive business files.
ShareFile’s iPad and Android tablet applications will play to the
strengths of tablet devices:
- Optimized for a tablet screen resolution and processing power
- Users can browse files or folders and share them via ShareFile without downloading
- Users have seamless access to all files and folders on their account
- Downloaded files can be accessed even while offline
Jesse Lipson, Chief Executive Officer, ShareFile:
“Mobility is changing the way that businesses interact with content, and we’ve heard from our customers that they want a full suite of applications specifically designed to take advantage of the benefits of both tablets and smartphones. We are excited to launch our iPad, Android tablet and BlackBerry applications, and we’ll continue to focus R&D resources on the mobile space.”
ShareFile is a customer-focused software company that helps businesses exchange files with clients, partners, and colleagues easily, securely and professionally. Unlike an FTP site, ShareFile can be accessed using any standard web browser and does not require software installation or training. The Company has over 2.5 million users across 120 countries, including over 99% of the Fortune 500, and provides business solutions to more than 50 different industries including accounting, advertising, legal, graphic design, consulting, health care and engineering. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, ShareFile was named to the 2010 Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, and is a 2008 Winner of CNET’s WebWare 100 for file storage and security. For more information on secure file transfer and virtual data room solutions, please visit the company’s website, Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6808622&lang=en