SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In 2003, Cold Stone Creamery® introduced an ice cream flavor that won the hearts and taste buds of ice cream lovers around the world. Cold Stone created the original Cake Batter Ice Cream®, which has since become one of the brand’s most popular flavors. For National Ice Cream Month, Cold Stone is asking all ice cream lovers to reignite their love for the batter goodness as the brand highlights Cake Batter Ice Cream and the Birthday Cake Remix™ Creation™ in stores.
“Cake Batter Ice Cream is the cornerstone of Cold Stone Creamery. We were the first to invent it, perfected it and obviously our guests ‘gotta have it’ as Cake Batter continues to be our most popular ice cream flavor,” said Ray Karam, Cold Stone Creamery Tastemaster™. “Cake Batter is also a great base flavor for ice cream treats. The flavor profile goes well with candies, brownies, and even fruit.”
Since its inception, more than 73 million Love It™ Creations of Cold Stone Creamery’s Cake Batter Ice Cream have been consumed – that’s equivalent to 636,480 gallons! Cake Batter Ice Cream is found in several different Cold Stone treats, from Creations to cakes to shakes.
Cold Stone Creamery’s Cake Batter Ice Cream is featured in 9 delicious treats, listed below.
- Birthday Cake Remix™ Creation: Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed with rainbow sprinkles, brownies and fudge.
- All Lovin’ No Oven™ Creation: Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed with cookie dough, fudge and whipped topping.
- That’s How I Roll™ Creation: Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed with cinnamon, yellow cake and pecans.
- Cake Batter Confetti™ Cake: Layers of moist red velvet cake and Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed with sprinkles wrapped in fluffy white frosting.
- Cake Batter Layers™ Cake: Eight layers of Cake Batter Ice Cream, moist yellow cake, cookie dough and chocolate shavings wrapped in fluffy Cake Batter frosting and topped with fudge.
- Cookie Dough Pie™: Cake Batter Ice Cream mixed with cookie dough, caramel and fudge in a graham cracker pie crust covered in creamy white frosting.
- Cake Batter™ Delux Cupcake: A rich Belgian chocolate cup filled with a layer of moist red velvet cake, fudge and Cake Batter Ice Cream and topped with fluffy pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles.
- Cake Batter™ Sprinkle Cookie: Cake Batter Ice Cream sandwiched by chocolate chip cookies and rolled in rainbow sprinkles.
- Cake ‘n Shake™: Cake Batter Ice Cream, milk and yellow cake.
July has been National Ice Cream Month since 1984 when President Ronald Reagan designated it as such. Also, President Reagan honored the third Sunday of July as National Ice Cream Day, which makes July 17 ice cream day for 2011.
About Cold Stone Creamery
Cold Stone Creamery delivers The Ultimate Ice Cream Experience® through a community of franchisees who are passionate about ice cream. The secret recipe for smooth and creamy ice cream is handcrafted fresh daily in each store, and then customized by combining a variety of mix-ins on a frozen granite stone. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Cold Stone Creamery is a subsidiary of Kahala, one of the fastest growing franchising companies in the world, with a portfolio of 12 quick-service restaurant brands. Cold Stone Creamery operates more than 1,500 locations in 17 countries.