MAYNARD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Monster Worldwide (NYSE: MWW) today launched BeKnown™, a professional networking app designed to allow Facebook users to establish a professional network on the world’s most popular social platform. With BeKnown, users can seamlessly identify and connect with friends and professional contacts from multiple sources and grow their professional network, enhance their online professional identity and discover enriching career opportunities. BeKnown is now available for download at http://apps.facebook.com/beknown in 19 different languages, and is accessible by any Facebook user.
“BeKnown answers the need and challenge in the marketplace for people to build their professional networks on Facebook while keeping personal and work-related contacts and content completely separate,” said Darko Dejanovic, global CIO and head of product at Monster Worldwide. “An estimated 700 million people globally live their lives through Facebook and 97% of the Fortune 500 companies turn to Monster to find talent. BeKnown now gives people and companies the ability to utilize that vast network for professional gain by tapping into the power of Monster and Facebook.”
BeKnown joins a growing portfolio of solutions from Monster that reach job seekers wherever they are, on their terms; and allows recruiters to leverage and amplify their recruitment networks as they source, match and manage talent throughout the entire recruiting cycle. BeKnown brings professional networking to a mass market audience that includes medical, engineering, education, retail and many other occupations.
Unique to BeKnown is a Monster-developed Social Referral Program (SRP), which encourages BeKnown users to pass along specific jobs through their BeKnown network. The Social Referral Program amplifies a company’s employee referral network and extends reach to passive candidates. Currently in beta, the referral program will be rolled out to select Monster customers.
“BeKnown is another extension of our commitment to meet the evolving needs of job seekers and employers by adding professional networking to their online recruitment, job search, and career management toolkit,” said Sal Iannuzzi, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Monster Worldwide. “Whether it’s through mobile apps, Career Ad Network (the only recruitment ad network that reaches a third of all Internet users), or the world’s largest social network, our mission is to connect people and job opportunities through any and all methods that produce meaningful results.”
The BeKnown network offers new advantages to both career-minded networkers and companies searching for talent.
With BeKnown, users on Facebook can now:
- Create professional networks within an environment created by Monster without ever leaving Facebook
- Easily invite contacts from other social networks to expand their BeKnown network beyond their existing Facebook friends
- Keep social activity with friends and family separate from work-related activity with professional contacts
- See who among their professional contacts on BeKnown is connected to a company or job opportunity they are interested in
- Connect professional networking to Monster’s job search and browse tools and import their Monster profile to BeKnown from right within the app
For companies, BeKnown:
- Opens up a vast source of potential global talent on Facebook – Facebook’s estimated 700 million members span ages, income levels and ethnic groups
- Creates new recruitment-focused visibility opportunities and extends job posting reach in a high engagement environment
- Increases engagement opportunities with so-called passive job seekers, as BeKnown users follow company job and network activity
- Activates recruiter and employee networks as referral sources
About Monster Worldwide
Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), parent company of Monster®, the premier global online employment solution for more than a decade, strives to bring people together to advance their lives. With a local presence in key markets in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia, Monster works for everyone by connecting employers with quality job seekers at all levels and by providing personalized career advice to consumers globally. Through online media sites and services, Monster delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers. Monster Worldwide is a member of the S&P 500 Index. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit www.monster.com. More information about Monster Worldwide is available at about-monster.com.