TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Equity trading on TASE over the past two weeks was volatile, with all leading share price indices closing lower.
- The TA-25 index, which declined 1.8% over the two-week period, is now 9.1% lower than its beginning-of-the-year level, following a 16% increase in 2010.
- The TA-100 index fell 1.7% over the two weeks, bringing the year-to-date decline to 10.3%, following a 15% increase in 2010.
- The TA Bluetech-50 lost 1.4% while the TA-Banks lost 1.9% and Real Estate-15 fell 3.9% in the last two weeks.
- The Treasury floated government bonds on the local market equaling US $440 million. The year-to-date total of government bond issues comes to US $7.2 billion, as opposed to US$ 15.2 for the entire 2010 year.
- The Central Bureau of Statistics released figures for May 2011. The CPI index increased 0.5%, bringing year-to-date inflation rate to 1.8%, following a CPI increase of 2.7% in 2010.
- The Bank of Israel released new foreign investment figures indicating that foreign investors increased financial investments in shares by approximately US $260 million in April and by US $800 million since the beginning of the year, following withdrawals of a similar magnitude in 2010.
- The NIS/dollar exchange rate on June 16 came to 3.485, marking a bi-weekly increase of 2.9%. Since the beginning of the year, the NIS has appreciated 1.8% against the dollar, after appreciating 6% in 2010.
- The NIS/Euro exchange rate on June 16 came to 4.9114 increasing 0.1% over the two weeks against the NIS. The Euro has appreciated 3.7% against the NIS since the beginning of the year, after depreciating 12.9% in 2010.
Established in September 1935, the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange is Israel’s sole stock exchange, offering an increasingly sophisticated range of products to investors, including equity, corporate bonds, treasury bills and notes, index products and derivatives. The Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange features 613 companies listing equities, 414 index-tracking products, 33 series of government bonds, 692 series of corporate bonds and 1,279 mutual funds. As of April 2011, the exchange’s market capitalization in equities was about US$ 225 billion. In recent years, the exchange has enhanced its international presence, signing Memorandums of Understanding with the London Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange and NYSE-Euronext.
Visit the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange's Website: www.tase.co.il