DAVENPORT, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kaplan University, a leader in higher education innovation, today announced the launch of the new KU Campus, an application developed exclusively for the iPad to allow students to use the device to access their online classroom. The KU Campus app, the first of its kind in private-sector education, is available for free download at the iTunes Store.
“This application is a milestone in Kaplan University’s commitment to delivering high-quality educational options to students who value the flexibility of an online format,” said Gregory Marino, president of the Kaplan University Group. “Our mission is to help our students succeed in every way possible. By offering technological innovation and continuous accessibility, we can accomplish this in ways yet to be achieved by others in the sector.”
KU Campus is a native application, which means it was developed specifically for use on the iPad, giving it several unique capabilities not available via the iPhone and iPod apps offered by other universities. Its features include:
- Classes: Students can attend classes, access archived seminars, review course content and course structure.
- Course Information: The syllabus, course materials, unit information and links, and activities are available.
- Discussion Boards: Students can join the conversation on the discussion boards and participate in an interactive dialogue with professors and classmates as part of the learning experience.
- Grades and Credits: Students can view assignment and final grades, and credits earned for each course, as well as cumulative credits and GPA.
- Financial Aid Information: Students can view charges, payments and balances by term as well as a summary of financial aid or scholarship information.
- Alerts: Students can access notifications, alerts, and appointments in the message center.
- Connect with Classmates: Students can find links to Kaplan University’s social networks on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to connect with other students and alumni.
About Kaplan University
Kaplan University offers a different school of thought for higher education. It strives to help adult students unlock their talent by providing a practical, student-centered education that prepares them for careers in some of the fastest-growing industries. The University, which has its main campus in Davenport, Iowa, and its headquarters in Chicago, is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Kaplan University has more than 200 academic programs and offerings, and serves more than 61,000 online and campus-based students. The University has 11 campuses in Iowa, Nebraska, Maryland and Maine, and Kaplan University Learning Centers in Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri and Florida.
Kaplan University is part of Kaplan Higher Education, which serves more than 92,000 students online and through more than 70 campus-based schools across the United States and abroad. Kaplan Higher Education schools offer a spectrum of academic opportunities, from certificates and diplomas to graduate and professional degrees, including a juris doctor degree. Kaplan Higher Education is part of Kaplan, Inc., a leading international provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Kaplan, Inc. is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO), and its largest division. For more information about Kaplan University, visit www.kaplanuniversity.edu.