DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9fbe45/psychosis_stories) has announced the addition of the "Psychosis: Stories of Recovery and Hope" book to their offering.
This book aims to capture a range of individual stories about patients living with psychosis; it presents their illness history, personal circumstances and what makes their particular story of treatment and recovery so unique and inspiring.
Approximately 600,000 people in the UK are diagnosed with psychosis; however many face discrimination about their condition and may not receive the best care. This book aims to provide a greater understanding of psychosis and present a positive outlook for patients and their carers.
The book will appeal to all health and social care professionals working in mental health as well as the general market e.g volunteers, carers, family and friends.
- Presents individual stories by service users providing a personal account of their experience, the different healthcare approaches and their road to recovery.
- Highlights many of the specific difficulties faced by individuals with a diagnosis of psychosis and schizophrenia.
- Explores recovery approaches and its implications for working with service users.
- Project funded by Guy's and St. Thomas' Charity.
- Contributions by Dr Holloway, Dr Roberts and Dr Carson, who are leading specialists in the field on the clinical aspects of psychosis and recovery approaches.
- Illustrated throughout with photos of service users.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction - Understanding the Journey - Hannah Cordle
- What is Psychosis?
- Recovery: The Long and Winding Road That Leads? - Dr Jerome Carson
- Recovery and Personal Narratives - Dr Glenn Roberts
- The Voyce of Experience - Andrew Voyce
- Recovery's Shooting Star - Michelle McNary
- From a Scribble to a Straight Line - Ben Haydon
- Black, Proud and Beautiful - Bose Dania
- Finding Poetry in Psychosis - James Bellamy
- Writing Her Own Rules - Helen George
- Mental Health Revolutionary - Gordon McManus
- A Psychologist's Progress - Emma Harding
- The Best in Me - Carl Lee
- Forging His Own Destiny - Peter Bullimore
- A Blessing in Disguise - Esther Maxwell-Orumbie
- A Positive Perspective on Psychosis - Peter Chadwick
- Reaching Great Heights of Recovery - Stuart Baker-Brown
- The Confidence Builder - John Lawrence
- Afterword - The Value of Recovery Stories
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9fbe45/psychosis_stories