SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Investorfest Media, producer of mobile/wireless early stage venture conference MobiTechFest, today announced the call for entries for its first annual Wireless GameChanger™ award. MobiTechFest, in partnership with CTIA Enterprise & Applications™ 2011, will present the GameChanger Award to the most innovative and disruptive startup that is predicted to make a profound impact on the wireless/mobile marketplace and influence the way we live, work and communicate.
MobiTechFest will host the award ceremony at CTIA Fall 2011 in San Diego in October. Participation in Wireless GameChanger is limited to early stage companies seeking funding that have also applied to the MobiTechFest venture conference throughout the year, and application for the next MobiTechFest conference on May 12th in Cambridge, MA can be found online at www.mobitechfest.com
“Wireless GameChanger is the pinnacle of recognition for participating MobiTechFest companies who want world-class media exposure combined with incredible access to investor capital,” said Gopan Madathil, President of Investorfest Media. “We predict that Wireless GameChanger finalists at CTIA Fall will emerge as today’s leading innovators that drive the direction of mobile for years to come.”
MobiTechFest will select up to ten companies as semi-finalists for the Wireless GameChanger™ award and up to six companies will ultimately present as finalists at CTIA Fall 2011. A judging panel comprised of investors and industry officials and influenced by popular online polling, will determine the finalists. All Wireless GameChanger finalists will have the opportunity to share their business concept in front of the highly influential 400+ person audience at CTIA Fall 2011. One winning company will be chosen live on-stage as the Wireless GameChanger™ for that year, who in addition to the bragging rights, will be featured on many websites and will win a marketing and business development package from CTIA and MobiTechFest worth over $50,000.
Award Entry Process
- Companies must apply to MobiTechFest to be considered for Wireless GameChanger.
- Nominations for MobiTechFest East (May 12, 2011 in Boston) will close on April 20, 2011. Visit www.mobitechfest.com to submit company’s application to be considered.
- All presenters and applicants to the most recent MobiTechFest East, West and Europe will be automatically considered for the Wireless GameChanger competition.
- Companies must be relatively early stage (under 2 years in business) or early stage and announcing its first product or service (not previously announced at other trade shows).
- The company may or may not have existing customers or may be under “stealth mode”. However, the company must be beyond “garage-stage” at the time of finalist’s selection.
- Semi-finalists (Top 10) will be notified approximately one month before the CTIA Fall show, with ongoing nominations flowing through MobiTechFest East, West, and Europe.
- Company re-launches will not be considered.
MobiTechFest is the premier forum featuring promising innovations and active investors from the Mobile and Wireless ecosystem. MobiTechFest network features over 600 investors -angels, venture capitalists and corporate investors - and we hold three venture conferences where the most promising companies are showcased to active early to mid-stage investors. The next MobiTechFest conference is scheduled for May 12th, in Cambridge, MA and startup companies seeking funding must apply before April 20th to be considered as a presenter at mobitechfest.com
About MobiTechFest & InvestorFest Media
MobiTechFest™ is a part of the Investorfest™ series of events produced by Investorfest Media, the leading VC funding accelerator in the mobile space. Through our highly focused training and hands on support, qualified companies are put in front of specially chosen investors at our annual conference series. To date, over 75% of presenting companies have gone on to receive funding, with over $250 million being raised since 2006. For more information, please visit www.investorfest.com